Chapter VI

"I don't see why she has to sleep in your bed." Rita stated sounding annoyed. "Well, there isn't anywhere else to sleep." I argued. "I just don't want you doing anything... Naughty." She whispered. "You know I wouldn't." I laughed. "I hope so." Rita mumbled lightly punching me in the arm. "Where is that girl anyway?" The blonde asked as she sat down at the table. "You mean Alecto? She's still asleep." I answered taking a seat in the chair next to her. Rita hesitated then sighed loudly. "You know she's your responsibility, right?" The girl said. "Y-yeah." I stammered a bit surprised. "Good." She muttered crossing her arms. "You don't like her very much do you?" I laughed quietly. "It's not that, it's the fact that a random chick showed up in the middle of the night claimming that she came from the Underworld! How am I supposed to believe that!?" Rita yelled slamming her fist on the table. I didn't reply. "You do not have to." Alecto growled sliently coming out of my bedroom. Rita's eyes widened. "How long have you been up...?" I groaned face palming. "Long enough to have heard your conversation." The Fury answered as she walked into the kitchen. "I just-" Rita was interrupted by the little girl smashing her gauntlet into the table. "Stay quiet and listen!" She screamed. Rita and I both gasped at her tone. "I did not expect you to believe me, but the fact that you even know of my existence means that Lord Hades will target you and take your souls." Alecto announced. Rita looked terrified as the girl explained the situation. "Unless I am here to protect you. I am your only hope." She added. Nobody said anything for awhile, then the blonde sighed. "Fine. I trust you." Rita spat. "Good, I am glad you understand." Alecto giggled as she skipped back to my room. Rita and I both stared at the indent Alecto left in the table. "I think we should stay on her good side..." I said. "Y-yeah." Rita stuttered...