Chapter VIII

I fell asleep with Alecto on top of me, Tisiphone hugging my right arm and Megaera on my left facing away from me. I would have let at least one of them sleep on the sofa, but the youngest sister refused to be away from me, the middle sister wouldn't leave me alone with her sisters and Alecto just liked sleeping on me.

When I woke up Alecto and Megaera went to eat breakfast with Rita, and hopefully to expain the situation, while Tisiphone refused to let go of me. "Come on. I need to get dressed." I laughed. The silent girl shook her head. "Seriously." I sighed. Tisiphone only tightened her arms around mine. "Tisiphone. Let go." I ordered. She gazed at me for awhile, then cautiously did as I asked. "Now out, I need to change." I grumbled pointing to the door. She slowly stumbled out of the room and exited, only to plop down with back the door. "She's so weird." I chuckled to myself. As I finished putting on a fresh pair of clothes, I heard Alecto scolding her sister. "What were you thinking last night!?" I opened my door before Alecto could continue. The younger of the two immediately stood up and buried her face in me. "Chill out Alecto, you're freaking her out." I said patting Tisiphone on the back. The oldest Fury sighed, apologized and went back to the kitchen. "T-thank you..." Tisiphone mewed with a delicate and shaky voice. "W-wait, I thought you didn't talk!" I gasped. "You are the first mortal to hear me..." She answered quietly. "Why d-don't you talk to your sisters?" I asked still holding her. "With you... I feel relaxed and safe... You are special... And t-that is why I never want to leave your side..." The girl confessed looking up at me. I smiled and kissed her on her forehead, which was covered by her bangs. "What are you doing?" Rita asked. Although she smiled, I could sense her anger. "N-nothing!" I reassured. "Lies!" She grunted and Tisiphone whined and hid behind me. "Explain yourself." Rita demanded grabbing my shirt. "Look, It's just that-" Tisiphone interrupted me by slashing Rita's arm with one of her gauntlets. She screamed in pain as blood started to spurt from her forearm. "Are serious!?" I yelled tending to Rita. "S-she... Was a threat to you..." Tisiphone mumbled. "What happened!?" Alecto gasped seeing Rita covered in blood as she ran to the scream. "Your sister clawed her!" I shouted. "Sister!" Alecto scolded her sister again. I took off my shirt and wrapped it around Rita's arm to stop the bleeding. Megaera arrived shortly after Alecto. "What is the meaning of this?" The middle sister sighed. "Tisiphone..." I grunted. "I see..." Megaera said looking for her the younger Fury. It seemed she slipped away in the commotion...