Chapter XXIII

"How long until Hades comes?" I asked sitting on the sofa looking at the ceiling. "I do not know, Lord Hades will arrive soon though." Alecto answered quietly as she sat on my lap and held her knees to her chest. "Damn... That won't be good for my schedule..." I mumbled. "Huh?" She wondered gazing back at me. "Well, I'll probably have to miss some school to make room for the major battle." I sighed. "Their will not be a battle. My Sisters and myself will probably be taken back to the Underworld to serve Lord Hades again. As for you and the other girl, you will most likely have your souls ripped from your bodies." The small Fury answered snuggling closer to me. "As if there won't be a battle. I'm not letting you girls go back with him, and I certainly won't die so easily either!" I argued placing my arms around Alecto. "How will you fight...?" She whined. "I'll find a way." I assured.

"Don't try anything rash." Rita ordered quietly. "You can't tell me what to do." I replied grinning. "I'm serious. I don't wanna see you get hurt." She sighed. "I'm afraid that's not really an option anymore." I informed crossing my arms. "Why!?" Rita blurted. "Either I let the girls go back with Hades and get hurt emotionally, or we rebel and get a few injuries." I whispered looking at the ceiling. Rita didn't answer. "Why'd we have get into this?" She murmured hanging her head. "There has to be a reason, that's why we gotta fight." I answered walking up tk ger and kissing her on the head. "I just don't know what to do..." Rita said hugging me. "Neither do I." I laughed. "How can you laugh at a time like this!?" Rita yelled. "Well, being all depressed isn't gonna help. Just calm down, we'll win this." I reassured leaving her room. "You won't win." Megaera scoffed leaning on the wall across the hallway. "I can't believe you were listening..." I groaned. "I just happened to walk by and hear that your were feeding lies to her." She defended shrugging. "I wasn't lying. We will beat Hades." I stated. "You really do not understand do you? Lord Hades is unstoppable. We will die." The middle sister hissed. "Well, if you think I'm letting Hades take you and your sisters back and make you his slaves again, you're wrong. I'm gonna die fighting!" I shouted thrusting a fist into the air. "You are a fool." Megaera sighed. "A fool with a heart." She added taking a step to kiss me on the cheek. I snickered and blushed...