TWELVE :

"wHAAAaaaAAAaAaAaaat?!" Danielle's tell tale screech, woke me up, I scrunched my eyes up and covered my head with a pillow.

"So what was she like?! was she old like we thought?"

uuuggggggggh

I got up from my bottom bunk and looked out into the living area of our room, suitcases and clothes already littering the spacious floors.

"What the heck are you guys talking about ... at," I paused to check my phone for the time. "What? how can it be midnight? Ohhh, I didn't change the timezone yet. Whoops."

"It is a very important breakthrough Katherine has just made and you are interrupting, you wench!" Dani yelled.

"Well whatever time it is, it's waaay too early for any breakthroughs." I grumbled.

Kath just chuckled and said, "I met Bee."

That caught my attention.

"Really? When?" I asked

"She was getting to that before you butted in." Dani said with an insolent expression on her face.

I rolled my eyes.

okay. I'm awake now. Get up Lauren

"So, anyway, as I was saying...I was walking to the kitchen.." Kath started. I wasn't really listening, I took a peak at the other bunks and saw that Christina was gone, and Amy too. As I opened my mouth to ask where the girls were, Lisa emerged from the bathroom with a towel wrapped over her head.

Oh, they must be in the shower. I need a shower, come to think of it.

"Holy heck! She sounds bomb!" I heard Dani say.

"So you're no longer banking on her being an alien overlord?" I asked jokingly.

"Haha, very funny." Dani chucked a pillow at my face.

"Iiihhhhhhh." I exclaimed. "So what does she do again?" Grabbing my phone.

"I told you, she's a painter and she's pretty big in the modern art world." Kath said.

"What's her last name?" I propped my head on my hand as I opened my search bar.

"Fee.. geh.. uh, Figeeee " Dani faltered

"Fih-guh-row-ah.." Kath enunciated, "But it's spelled F-I-G-U-E-R-O-A."

"Got it." I said. Pulling up her wikipedia page. "Beatrix "Bee" Figueroa. Born April 7, 1994 to Helena Amorsolo and Garrick Figueroa, date of death--"

Dani gasped, "Her parents died? So sad..."

Kath nodded sadly. "She didn't say how though, I didn't have the heart to ask. "

"Of course! you wouldn't ask something like that when meeting a person for the first time, duh!" Lisa said, from the other side of the room.

"They died in an earthquake... when she was... oh my gosh, she was seven when they died..I dunno, that's all that's written in her wikipedia page." I said, scrolling down. "Bee Figueroa, renowned painter and one of the youngest to be awarded status of National Artist at sixteen years old following the release of her art piece, Breathe..."

"Oh, I saw that painting in the hall! Well, a print of it, anyway..." Kath exclaimed.

I continued reading, "Other related positions, Figueroa is on the board of and owns fifty one percent of shares in the Carlton Stan School for the Arts, and is the founder and CEO of..." I stopped.

"Why'd you stop?" Dani asked, making a motion to grab my phone, I swatted her hand away and read, "CEO of one of the biggest charities in Asia, The Renegade Foundation."