SIXTEEN : Happiness to Boot and Loops of Froot

"So we've agreed on the set list right? Okay, so now all we need to do is sound check and we're golden!" I told everyone. It was well into the evening, Mom had Emilio take her and Angel back to the house hours ago to finalize our affiliation to the Renegade Foundation, swanky, I know... and we were still at Bee's office having a meeting about our concert. We were a bit tired, but I was happy to make a whole lot of headway.

"Oh Lisa, one question, do you guys want to do a meet and greet for the residents?" Bee asked, taking minutes of the meeting at the same time.

"Oh yeah, that would be so cool. I really want this to be an awesome surprise. Super lit." Lauren said.

"This is a really cool thing you're doing for these girls, Bee. They'll love the concert, for sure." Kath said, beaming.

"Totally, and we'd love to do a meet and greet! That'd be amazing!" Lauren added.

"Yeah, definitely." I said, "Christina? Thoughts?"

Christina looked up from her notepad and gave a thumbs up, "Dude, yeah. Meet and greet sounds amazing. I do have this one idea though..." and she looked at Bee at the head of the table.

"Let's hear it then," Bee said.

"What if we do TWO concert dates?" She started, "Okay, hear me out, what if, the first concert date will be solely for the residents, for the girls. Theeen, the second date would be for the Filipino Cimfam?" She ended with an excited look in her eyes.

We all considered, then looked at Bee whose eyes had the same excited spark.

"Let's do it! Oh my gosh, why didn't I think of that? This is great!" Bee exclaimed

"Are you sure though? You're fine with that?" I asked tentatively, and Bee's eyes lit up even more.

"Of course!" she said, "See? This is what is so awesome about you guys! You're so fan-oriented, THIS is what it means to be Renegade spokespers--" she stopped abruptly, making an 'oops!' expression.

I looked at my other sisters, waiting for a reaction.

"What?" was all Kath said, and Dani didn't say anything, she just gasped and screeched, Lauren was all, "YAS. LIIIT. Wait, what does a spokesperson do, exactly?"

"Amy! what do you think?" Bee asked writing things down in her little notebook, and just as we turned our heads to look at Amy, her sleeping head fell onto the table.

"Uhh, okay. I think that's a sign that we should go home." Bee said with a chuckle, "So, meeting adjourned?"

"You don't have to be so formal, el oh el." Lauren said, standing up to stretch.

I stood up too, my back hurting a bit from all the sitting. "Bee, you can't divert us forever, you need to explain this whole spokesperson deal to us. I mean, what do we even do?"

"Well, to put it in simple terms, you do what you keep doing, which is inspire people..." Bee said, putting on her backpack. "But this time, on a much grander scale. Think of it as a booster, or a, a power up, if you will."

"A power up?" I asked, still a bit confused.

"Yeah." Bee said simply, as if she'd explained it all perfectly.

She saw the expression on my face, and said, "Listen, I know your detail-oriented brain is wired to worry about how little details I am giving you right now. But trust me, you'll get it. And you too, Christina, I know you're low key freaking out right now." Bee jokingly told my sister.

"Suprisingly," Christina said, "I'm actually excited about this. This is what I wanted, to have a bigger reach, to motivate, to, to do good." she blurted out in her mile-a-minute talking style.