THIRTY ONE : Band-Aids and Big sisters

I missed Nick. I missed him every time I went to visit our Renegade girls. I missed him when I see Amy with Tony, and even Dani with Rey. I just really missed home.

I was sitting alone in the music room playing the piano while the boys played outside. Kath just got back home from the hospital this morning and was asleep in our room. Dani, Lauren, Amy, Rey and Tony all went out to an amusement park. I was wondering where Lisa was, but then she came in through the door.

"Geez, why is the music so sad?" She asked, collapsing on the bean bag in front of me.

I simply shrugged my shoulders, with a longing expression on my face.

"Let me guess," she began, while chewing on a carrot stick, "You miss big Nick, don't you?"

I nodded, still sad.

"Aww, don't worry, Crisistina! We'll be home in a week, you'll see Nick in no time.." She said, in an attempt to comfort me. I gave her a small smile. "Thanks, Lise."

We sat silently for a little bit, then a thought crossed my mind, something that had been bothering me for a while.

"Hey, did we ever figure out why Luca was so mad at Bee that one night?" I asked, recalling the event.

Lisa hesitated, "Uh, no. I dunno. It seems fine now, though."

"Does it really?" I countered," I mean, what kind of man would hurt his own grandchild?" I asked indignantly.

"Christina..." Lisa said,

"No, that's messed up, Lise. I gotta go ask Bee about this." I said, making up my mind standing up from my seat.

"Christina, don't go meddling in things you don't understand." Lisa said, standing up too, clearly uncomfortable. "This is a private matter, and we shouldn't be getting in between Bee and Luca."

"Bee is our friend, Lisa. We owe it to her to stick up for her. She obviously needs help." I told her. "Come on, let's go.."

I stormed out of the music room and sprinted to the study. As I peaked inside, I saw that it was empty. Lisa came up behind me and said, "Shes not here, maybe she's at the office."

"It's Monday." I said astutely, "She's ALWAYS home on Mondays."

I made my way to the kitchen, Lisa reluctantly following. The kitchen was empty too. So was the den, the living room and the garden.

"There's only one place we haven't looked..." I told Lisa, who seemed annoyed. "Bee's room."

Lisa put her hands up in the air, "This house is huge," She said, her eyes widening, "Do either of us even know where Bee's room is?"

I stopped to think. I've explored most parts of this house during days I felt were too hot to go outside, "I remember a third hallway, like, to the left of the hallway that lead to the boys' rooms..." I stared into space for a bit, and made a run for it.

"Christina, don't run so fast!" I heard Lisa say.

I turned the corner and at the last minute, I looked behind me to see Lisa running too, I broke out into full speed, but when I turned my head to look where I was going,

"WHOA, WATCH OUT! AAHH!"

WHAM! CRASH!

I ran head first into Bee herself, who I think was carrying cans of paint and brushes, spreaders, tools and a canvass that now had a big hole in it and was on the floor with all her paint materials scattered around our bodies. I sat up, my head a little dizzy. Lisa came to a staggering halt.