TWENTY TWO : A family affair

"So, uhm..." I mumbled, "Where are we going?"

Bee dragged us to our feet and rushed everyone out the door to meet Emilio waiting in the van.

Luca and Atty. de la Merced decided to stay and finish the paperwork for our older sisters, exchanging a few more whispers and excited glances with Bee at our direction before we left.

"Just be patient, Lauren..." Bee said, unable to hide her excitement. "One thing I can tell you though, you're gonna love it."

We all got in the van, saying our quick hellos to Emilio, who was always ready with a smile. Bee climbed up to the passenger seat, Amy, Dani and I sat behind them and the three older girls in the very back, still discussing what had gone on in the meeting.

"What do you think is happening?" Amy whispered?

"You know what, my alien overlord theory is shaping up to be super plausible." Dani said in hushed tones.

I rolled my eyes at her, "Will you stop with that, you're stressing me out."

"Geez, who pooped in your cereal today?"

I didn't respond to that. I think I was having one of my depressive moments. Or maybe I was hormonal. I checked my mental calendar,

Yep. Definitely hormonal.

A few minutes into the drive, Amy noticed a few familiar landmarks, "Hey, " she said, "Isn't this the way to Greenbelt?"

"Are you normally this good at remembering directions?" Bee asked,

"No, hahahaha! oh my gosh, absolutely not." Amy replied, totally selling herself out.

"Yeah, she's almost as bad as Katherine on the road.." Christina said quietly, averting her eyes from her sister's gaze.

Kath glared at Christina, "Meanie! Pffft, Hahaha! I am NOT that bad! Right, girls?" She asked her sisters.

There was a lot of throat clearing and awkward silences after that. But Dani broke the silence not long after.

"Don't worry, Kath, we love you anyway. "

"Yeah, " I added, "Even if you kill us all in a car crash."

"Remind me to never get you insured for driving in my country. " Bee said quietly.

and we all laughed the whole way to the mall, including Katherine.

Once Emilio dropped us off at the front entrance, I looked around and saw a fair amount of people inside, shopping.

"So what are we doing here exactly?" I asked,

Bee smiled, "I thought we could go for a bit of shopping..."

"So our sisters get to be part of your company and we get a shopping spree?" Dani asked, and ultimately smiled, "Dude, sweeeet!"

"Uh, not exactly, but okay.." Bee said.

She lead us down a whole lane of shops, clothing, jewelry, shoes, more clothing, more jewelry, more shoes... it seemed like this would be shopaholic heaven, I was about to run into the Terra Nova right next to me but then Bee lead us into the very last shop on the lane, I noticed that it was probably the most massive shop there, but still smaller than the colossal Forever21 across from it.

I looked up to read the shop name, and it said, AMOROA. Looking inside, the motif was rose gold and black, but it obviously was a clothing store, with shoes, and trinkets and accessories, I walked further in an saw a bunch of items that I really liked, a black, futuristic sweater with a loose turtle neck that looked more like a fashionable cone of shame. I also saw some pretty lit necklaces hanging off of the display cases, and lots of shoes!