TWENTY SEVEN : Flapjacks and Fallbacks

"Ames?" Dani whispered in my ear, as I stood in front of her, trying to gauge my position in front of the camera.

"Yeah, Dan?" I inquired, a little distracted.

"You're stepping on my foot.."Dani ended, sounding so chill as I yelped and jumped away.

Earlier that day, we were all separated and given our scripts. I read mine and saw that it was a PSA against bullying and abuse within schools.

I loved it already. In our band, we always get letters from fans about them battling this kind of problem everyday, and how our music helped them get through it. All very heartwarming stuff and I wanna continue to do stuff like this, so I feel like I'm actually making a difference.

Aside from accidentally stepping on Dani's feet, the filming went pretty smoothly. We got to the venue right on time and we were ushered into hair and makeup. The stylists were so friendly, asking us what we wanted to do and were so open to suggestions.

I ended up wearing my usual flower crown over semi-curled hair, a white crop top and maroon skirt. I looked in the mirror to check out my make up,

Dang, eyebrows are on point. I am never gonna look this good ever again.

I glanced at Yvonne, my makeup artist, and said, "Please can I take you home with me?"

"Hahaha!," she laughed, "No problem, as long as my six foot three, two hundred twenty pound, tattoo artist husband can come with us..." She said jokingly.

"OMG, SIX FOOT THREE?!" I screamed, I wanted to talk more, but then a dude with giant headphones called us to set.

I walked in an saw my sisters all looking so pretty. I took my post next to Lisa.

"Okay, hi girls, thanks so much for coming today after the schedule change." The director said, "Alright, everyone take their places, three, two, one, ACTION!"

We made it back to the house just in time for lunch, Olivia the chef had prepared a whole spread of food for us, and instantly, I felt my mouth water.

"Olivia, if you keep cooking like this, I'm not sure I'll fit into any of my clothes tomorrow!" Mom said.

Olivia laughed, "Mrs. C, no worry! All natural and organic! Very good for you!" She said, gesturing for us to start eating.

"Is Bee joining us?" Katherine asked her. Nick looked up, "Yeah, we haven't seen the Bug all day!" I turned to look at him, "Really?" I asked.

"Well we saw her an hour ago..." Nick recalled,

"She said something about a bow? Or bows?" Joey contributed scooping rice onto his plate.

I stopped and thought,"Bows? Is she doing some sort of hair th--"

BANG! BOOM! CRACK! SNKKKT!

The sounds thundered through the whole house, we all stood up, not knowing what to expect,

"What the heck is that?" Dani asked frantically.

"It sounds like, like--" Lauren stuttered, unable to find the words.

"OH MY GOSH, IT'S FIREWORKS !!!" Christian, being the only sensible one looked for the origin of the sounds, he was standing on the patio looking out towards the back garden.

"Whoa! Nicky, look!" Joey exclaimed, Nick ran out to the patio and we followed. I was one of the first to get out of the kitchen, and another series of bangs and booms rang through the air. I looked up and they weren't regular fireworks at all. These had colored powder in them. Bursting clouds of pinks and greens and purples blew with the wind.