FORTY FIVE : Living

The whole month of November had blazed right by, life was going by so fast that I sometimes need to take time and actually breathe.

We were once again, back in our Nashville home. Life for those past thirty days was a wild rollercoaster ride of ups and downs, we thanked our fans, the Cimfam so profusely for their continuous support, they got us through our European tour with their love and dedication.

Their endless waves of kindness kept us going through the tough times, truly reminding us the beauty and the wonder that is going on tour. We had so much fun in Europe, it was such a blessing for us to be able to go there a second time.

We still miss Bee. But ever since her passing, we'd just gotten closer as a family and as a band, her presence still strong within our consciousness.

I --

KNOCK! KNOCK!

"Hey Laur? You busy?"

I stopped writing, closing my journal shut and setting down my pen. I looked up and saw Lisa standing by my door.

"Yooooo. When did you get here? I didn't even know you were coming.." I said. She walked in and sat on the foot of my bed, where I was currently laying.

"I'm actually the last one to arrive, hahaha.." She said, "Amy and Kath got here first, then Christina just arrived maybe two seconds before I did. Mom invited us over for dinner.." She replied.

"Oh cool..that's nice. So what's up?" I asked, sitting up and crossing my legs.

"Oh, right, sooo I got the new mix for the song you and Dani wrote, I thought you wanted to hear it.." She said, holding her phone up.

"Ohhh, really!? Lit! Okay, let's hear it!" I said excitedly.

"OOOOI, YOU WENCHES BETTER FREAKING WAIT FOR ME BEFORE YOU PLAY THAT DEMO!" We both turned to the door, Dani's loud voice perfectly travelling through multiple floors.

"Get your butt down here then!" Lisa yelled back.

"I'm comiiiing! I'm here!" Dani, in true Dani fashion, blasted into my room from upstairs and launched herself on the bed.

"OOOF!" I yelled, nearly falling off my own bed, "Dani, you bleeping idiot!!"

But despite that, we all chuckled.

"Okay, do you wanna hear the demo or not?" Lisa asked us both. We nodded fervently, "YAAAS, PLAY IT!"

Lisa hooked her phone up to my speakers, and pressed play. The subtle opening violin graced our ears.

"Oooooh, the violin sounds so good!" Dani remarked.

"Sshh!" I said, completely engrossing myself in the song.

Amy's voice came next, the violin fading to the background, now accompanied by Kath's rich bass plucking.

"Omg, I love it!" I said, grinning from ear to ear.

"Whoa, that's a wild arrangement right at the bridge.." Dani observed, her eyes alert.

I nodded. I took out my phone and typed down some notes, "It's almost perfect, it's so lit."

"What do you think of that last verse?" Lisa asked, pertaining to her and Christina's vocals.

"I liked it, but I feel like the second guitar kinda washes you out a bit..." Dani said, rewinding the clip.

"Yeah, I was just about to say that!" I told them,

"Soo, do we take out the second guitar?" Lisa asked.