THIRTY TWO : Weapon of choice : Stuffed Frog

"You better get me that giant stuffed frog if you know what's good for you!" I yelled to Rey from the sidelines as he took his stance at the carnival style Hit the Can game.

He, Tony, Amy, Lauren and I were at an amusement park called Enchanted Kingdom. I remember nothing about the drive, since I slept the whole way, but Amy told me it was a bit long.

"Okay, okay! Just keep quiet, you're messing with my mojo.." Rey answered, aiming with his left hand.

I shut up as he took his first throw. It was a dud.

"Ooh!"I grimaced, "Its not looking good for you at all!" I teased, handing him the next ball.

"Relax, I've got two more throws.." He said under his breath, squaring up his shoulders.

WHAM! CLANG! CLANG! CLANG!

My heart stopped as the baseball soared through the air, totally obliterating the pyramid of cans. The sound of clattering metal on concrete floors muting my scream of delight.

"Holy heck!!!" I exclaimed

"Heyoooo!" Rey fist pumped the air, "That's what I'm talking about! I am the man!" He could barely contain his excitement as the dude behind the counter presented him with the stuffed frog almost as big as he. He ran to me, and gave me a big bear hug which I returned, we held the hug for about five seconds, before awkwardly letting go.

"Uhm, here." He said to me, shoving the gigantic frog in my face. If I were looking at him, maybe I would've seen his cheeks flushing, but my eyes were glued to the stuffed toy I now hoisted over my shoulder.

"Uhhh, th-thanks. You did good." I said, my voice barely audible against the music playing in the background.

He smiled sheepishly, combing his hand through his jet black hair. his crinkly brown eyes looking up at the sky.

"Hey, there you are!!" A familiar voice said, I looked over and was relieved to see Lauren, holding a giant stick of pink cotton candy. "I just left Amy and Tony at the food court, we're all waiting for you, come on, let's grab some lunch." she said, beckoning us to come, she looked at me with her signature Lauren stare, "Nice frog." She said.

"Okay, let's go!" Rey and I said in unison, in a tone much too eager, that Lauren did a double take.

"You two okay?" Lauren asked, looking at us with a suspicious expression.

"Yeah! Yeah, fine! let's go eat!" I urged, making Lauren take the lead to the food court.

The food court was packed but thankfully, once we took our seats, five cheeseburgers, bottles of water, small milkshakes and a large side of fries where already waiting for us.

"We thought we'd order for you guys.." Tony said, making room in the bench seat, "Amy said you liked burgers."

I settled into my seat with a big sigh of relief, the stuffed frog in between me and Rey. "Oh my gosh, I LOVE burgers.. thanks, Tony." I replied, not realizing how hungry I was until I smelled the divine food that was spread out before me.

"That's a cool frog, Dan," Amy remarked, "Where'd you get it?"

I tactically took a large swig of my milkshake. Regretting it instantly, as I felt the cold fingers of a brain freeze creep its way to my head. I looked at Lauren, signaling for help.

DISTRACT HER. PLEASE.

Lauren, taking my cue said, "Oh, Rey won it for her at the can throwing game thing.."

GEE THANKS, LAUR. THANKS A LOT.

"Aww, that's so sweet!" Amy cried, clamping her hands together. Rey smiled, "It wasn't a big deal..." looking at me tentatively across from the huge frog in between us.