Seven ~ Humiliating Assessment

Above is just a sample picture of how I imagined Rufus to look like. It's just a closer look-alike. His detailed physical descriptions will be found inside this chapter.

Enjoy reading.

PHOENICIAN ACADEMYAssessment Chamber

PHOENICIAN ACADEMY
Assessment Chamber

"We need to go straight to the Assessment Chamber. Everyone is waiting for me to commence today's proceedings. I will let someone guide you to your sleeping chambers after the assessment, okay dear?" Lord Ronheild said in a haste.

"Okay." Venus breathlessly answered.

She was half-walking half-jogging behind Lord Ronheild, who seemed to glide rather than walk with a pace that was maybe three times faster than hers. Vee eyed her master from behind; it made her wonder how could he still managed to walk with ease, and look graceful at the same time. He was treading the marble floors without creating any sound, unlike her, who was sweating profusely. She didn't need a mirror to know how dishevelled she must look. She begrudgingly wiped the sweat out of her face with the back of her hand, muttering to herself while trying to catch up. Her ballet shoes squeaked at every stomping step she made, echoing throughout the hallways as they zigzagged at every twist and turn.

Vee wasn't able to look around to appreciate the elegance and beauty of every carved wall they passed by, too afraid to get lost if she lost sight of her master. The Academy was gigantic, it was like a big maze inside. When at last they stopped in front of big oak doors with golden rims on the edges, she wanted to shout 'thank goodness'. Without any words exchanged, the guards opened up the door for them.

Shock was an understatement. The chamber was huge, she was mesmerized. Vee was gaping. The first thing that caught her eyes were the tall pillars that were extended towards the ceilings. Looking up, she was awestruck, it was as high as the skies. The chamber was completely silent, so when she looked back down, she was stunned and completely taken aback. She did a quick scan suddenly realizing that it wasn't empty at all. Her master was right, everyone was waiting. She estimated a hundred heads, more or less, were staring directly at them, at her specifically. She gulped, starting to get more anxious, and unconsciously tugging the straps of her backpack.

"Dear, stop fidgeting. Don't be nervous. We'll just go through routine procedures for assessment. You look beautiful. Besides, I know for sure that you'll do great." Lord Ronheild praised her in an attempt to ease her nerves. "Come on!" he beckoned her to follow him.

Venus fought the urge to roll her eyes at his poor attempt of reassurance. She silently followed him towards the middle of the chamber, taking advantage of the chance to hide behind his broad back. She wiped her clammy hands on her jeans and tried to comb her hair with it, suddenly feeling the need to look presentable at the very least. The attention that was exclusively thrown her way was getting on her nerves and making her more conscious of her scruffy appearance.