Chapter 19 Birthday Surprise

Phoenician Academy

They arrived in the academy, early in the morning, outside Venus' bed chamber. She didn't pay any mind to her rocketing stomach, her head was busy cursing the jerk prince who didn't even show himself to say goodbye.

Venus was panting; she was fanning her hot face with her hands while wheezing as she exclaimed, "Goodness! This travel with flames needs a lot of getting used to. Even with the barrier, I feel like I wanna throw up!"

"Don't worry, you will not feel anything when you learn to travel with your own flames and that's the reason why we left without breakfast. You didn't think I starved you on purpose, do you? Anyway, you have an hour to eat and prepare yourself before training starts. I'll see you later dear." Master Ronheild replied then left.

Venus was about to open the door when it suddenly bursted open. She was tackled and engulfed in a very tight hug followed by an ear-splitting squeal, landing on the floor butt first with the attacker on top of her.

"Oh, my goddess! You're back! I was so worried about you! I'm glad you're safe and well!" Daphne said in between squeals.

"Um, thank you. Um, you can let go now, I missed you too but you're smashing my wind pipe." She said in a strangled voice.

"Oh, oh, hahaha! Sorry! Got carried away, forgot about the part that you're human!"

"What is going on here?" Rufus' voice boomed as he appeared from the other door holding his sword on right hand while dragging a half asleep Agnus on his left.

"Venus! Thank goddess!" Agnus rushed to them as soon as his sleepy eyes landed on her. Instantly, wide awake and gave her a hug.

"Ahem! I missed you as well Venus but I couldn't approach you looking like that." Rufus said turning his flushed face away.

Only then she realized that her skirt went up when she ungracefully slumped to the floor, showcasing her freaking undies. "Goodness! I'm sorry!"

This is so embarassing! I'm still wearing this darned dress from yesterday.

"Hahahaha! Seriously? You're wearing spongebob underwear?" Agnus roared into laughter.

"Agnus!" "Agnus!" Both Daphne and Rufus yelled at him but after a few seconds the four of them exchanged awkward looks, they all bursted out in a chorus of laughter.

~~~•°•~~~

"Thank you, Daph! I feel so much happy that I have friends here. I'm not alone anymore." Venus said, teary eyed, when they were finally inside their chamber.
"And please call me Vee!" She added giggling.

"Okay, Vee! Boy! I'm so glad I have a friend too. I never had real friend as well, back in our realm. Being a member of royalty, even I was not in line for the throne, friends came for the sole purpose of politics and selfish intentions. So, I guess that's why we found comfort in each other, huh?"
Daphne hugged her crying. Venus hugged her back, her tears also were free flowing.

"Call me, D!" She wiped her tears and gave Venus one last hug before she sprinted towards the bathroom.
"I'm first!" She shouted playfully.

"Take all the time you need. I already showered! I will just change clothes!"

"Oh! Vee! Have a surprise for you inside the closet! Be sure to check mine first! And oh! Wear uniform, the skirt one!"