Chapter 39 King Ruther Bullion

I'm dead, dead, dead, dead! Venus was chanting these inside her head when suddenly the King roared in laughter!

"Ahahaha! Goddess, child! Ahahha! This is one hell of a piece of meat! Ahahha!" He was wiping his face with his sleeves and swayed the meat slab in front of him.

Just like that! The chamber was filled with loud laugher from all Werrians.

"Uh.. s-sorry?!" She squeaked, embarrassed.

"N-non s--sense c-child!Eat... eat... eat..." The king said still in his belly laugh.

"Your meat really is so tasty. I rarely eat such meat when I was in human realm, mostly veggies and fruits only." She explained, face as red as a tomato.

Way to go Vee! You're really such an idiotic character!

"No, you're not an idiot child!" King Ruther answered, his laugh subsided into chortles.

"Goodness! I said that out loud!" She face palmed herself which earned hooting from the audience, her friends included.

Hmp!

It took them half an hour to finally settle down. Marcus smiling at her started slicing the meat for her on the plate.

Aww! Such a sweet guy... Venus was about to flirt with him a little when King Ruther asked again the dreaded question.

"I almost died and Venus saved me." Amelia blurted out before anyone could come up of an answer.

"Preposterous! You're twice as strong than they are with the exception of Vulca, of course! No offence meant children..." His disbelief evident on his face.

"Cassia did it. Sucked her dry" Mistress Vulca sofly said.

"Cassia!? That bitch laid a hand on my precious heir?! This means war!" King Ruther's angry voice almost broke their eardrums, his tender side long gone.

"We were ambushed by a group that was of the same caliber as Cassia," mistress Vulca added.

"Wait. That silhouette of a woman was Cassia? Who is she?" Venus asked intrigued by the way they said her name with a worried tone.

"Cassia is queen Mystyq's older sister. The rightful heiress of the Witzardian Realm but she was turned into sorceress when she accidentally sucked up the life source of her faerian first love. Unlike other sorcerers, Cassia is special which enabled her to suck up other beings not only Phoenicians." Mistress Vulca explained to them.

So, she's like me... Venus thought. She couldn't voice it out for no one must know about her sorceress side.

"Though very powerful, she is still like all of them.. She have no control of it. Killing the love of her life made her crazy and hid herself away from everyone not until now. She only uses a spell of cloaking on herself to have it stabilized." King Ruther added an explanation which really helped Venus in answering her silent question.

They all wallowed into few minutes of silence. Venus was lost in her train of thoughts.

If a powerful being like her cannot control the curse, how can I? If these people will know about me, will they hate me, as well?

"So! How did you save my son?" King Ruther sudden query brought her back to the present in abrupt manner.

"Um... I-It's a long story?" Venus was uncertain on what she should or shouldn't tell him. She held tight on Marcus hand.

"It's a matter that we should talk about in private." Mistress Vulca said with a firm conviction.

"Very well! Leave now! All of you!" King Ruther barked his command in a snap.