Eight ~ Meeting Friends

On top is another example picture of what I imagined Daphne.

"Vulca, please escort Venus and the third levels to their chambers," Lord Ronheild ordered after the laughter subsided

"Vulca, please escort Venus and the third levels to their chambers," Lord Ronheild ordered after the laughter subsided. A brewing temper was underlying the calm in his tight voice. 

"Yes, Master. Come all of you, follow me," Mistress Vulca waved her hand to them in a beckoning motion, giving Venus a sympathetic squeeze when she reached her side.

"Phew, that was expected. She is a weak human, after all. How she ended up as your subordinate doesn't add up, Milord. Even if she manages to make it to the red level—which is, by the way, close to impossible— she still doesn't deserve you as master. It's the law of academy: a subordinate should at least be the same level as the master or higher. The pull somehow made a mistake," Master Xerxis blurted out his long tirade of assumptions as soon as Vulca and the subordinates were out of earshot.

Master Ronheild's hardened expression beneath his hood said it all, but he still managed to speak in a controlled timbre of tone. "Do you dare to question the pull, Xerxis? It is the same as questioning the goddess herself. Have you forgotten it is her essence? The law of academy is only an improvisation made by our ancestors to make an order inside the academy." He turned around to address the rest of the masters and mistresses, "We are not here to belittle our subordinates but help them reach their fullest capability. And I have faith in that child. Who knows what the goddess had in mind? Besides, I initially started as an orange fire wielder and with that assumption, it is safe to say that Venus will at least reach the second level. Does anyone agree with me?"

"Of course, Milord. That is a very wise assumption. It is the very reason why you are chosen as the head of the academy. It isn't because of your royal blood." An elderly voice of a man hidden beneath a red cloak answered.

Master Ronheild's head bobbed up and down in agreement. "Thank you, Master Balto. Well spoken from a man of your years."

"Of course, all of us are anticipating the development of your subordinate, Milord," Master Xerxis bitterly muttered. He was left with no choice but to voice out his constrained compliance.

"That is settled then. Any more comments regarding the events for today?" Lord Ronheild inquired to everyone disregarding Master Xerxis's obvious resentment.

He was answered with their heads bobbing up and down along with a chorus of positive comebacks.

"Very well then, take your leave and I'll see you all later at the dining chamber."

The Lord's gaze, filled with regret and pity, followed the profile of Master Xerxis as he strode towards the door.