Questioning love

I started my red ford K.A and felt the soft rumble of the engine. The snow that had clumped in my shoe was slowly freezing my feet so I shook it out the window. As I plugged in my seatbelt, my nail got caught on the fabrics and broke off.
" it's not my day today" I laughed again as I pulled out of the drive way.just like it wasn't my day three years ago today, but I was thankful nothing had gone drastically wrong like it did back then.
I pulled up at work on time, the cold January air surrounding me as I stepped into the snowy path. If made me shiver hard, so I rubbed my hands together in a bid to keep warm.
As soon as I stepped into work I noticed Lee Natward by the entrance. My heart started zipping inside my chest and I shivered more, not because I was cold. I shouldn't like him, no one can know.
" hey beautiful" he smiled as I walked up to him, making my pace slow. He normally messed girls around and wasn't nice to them, but he was always friendly to me. Maybe because I was the one girl he couldn't get.
" hello Lee, wow it's cold" I giggled.
" little miss British, always talking about the wether beautiful" he smirked at me.
" that's me, gotta go see Patrick" I smiled at him again before clipping of in my soaking wet heels that had earlier been drenched in snow.
" stay beautiful" he chuckled as I walked off, I rolled my eyes.
I teetered up the corridor into Patrick's offie door. The light was on. He was sitting at his desk and must have had the heating on as he tried to take his jumper off. As he did so, his t shirt got caught up In it and was wrenched up to reveal a faded four pack.
I stared at him, open mouthed, breathless. I may have a tiny crush on Lee but my love for Patrick was out of this world.
I decided I couldn't wait any longer and nocked on the door. He looked around at me and didn't smile like he usually did.
Lately I feel like we haven't been connecting like we usually do, that happened to me and Sean before he....cheated on me. I shook my head and told myself not to worry. After all it was probably just a silly little patch of unawareness.
" hi Autumn" he said completely straight faced.
" morning, pat"  I smiled at him, lightening the mood. I tried to reach up and kiss him but he didn't do it properly like we usually did. I'm not going to lie, me and Patrick have had many make out sessions on our bench at the park. We always spend lunch break together, at the cafe or in an alley way chatting. But if we ever felt so romantic we went to the park and always sat in the same bench. It was so special in our relationship.
He let his lips fall weak and floppy, letting me do all the work.
" I love you" I added.
" same, so why did you come" he asked, antsy.
" just to see you" I trailed off, enthusiasm damaged.
" right well I'll catch you later, Kay? I have work to do" he fired a smile before turning away and shutting the door in my face.
" weird" I mumbled to myself before walking down the corridor. I noticed Lee wasn't there anymore. Why was he the only one that made me feel loved right now?
For the first time since Christmas I unlocked the door to my cold office.
My side of the office was decked out in little turquoise lights and decorations, kept neat and fresh for the season. Katie's side was all pink and covered messily in tons of tiny Nick-nacks and fairies or dogs. I was more of a cat person but still appreciated how messily cozy she made her desk look.
I sat down in the empty room after flicking on some lights. My computer was freezing and as I logged in my finger tips became cold too. I kicked off my uncomfortable and wet stilettos under the desk. Once I had logged in I thought about me and Patrick's love. Something was wrong, definitely, but what?
To remember the good times I read some of the old emails that he had sent me last year.
" hello my special little lady, remember me? The weird Texas guy from downstairs. Yeah that right we date or something like that huh? Well if you could can you please runs one sd files down to me in that sexy skirt thanks. See you on a bit love you" I giggled at how romantic it was. I remembered reading it and laughing, feeling so sexy thanks to him.
"Hi babe, I'm really bored right now but also terrified that my boss will read this, so here you go boss. " work work work work and work" done. I miss you xxx. Love ya!" I smiled again.
Although I was questioning our love I was sure hat things would get better, they had to.
The door bust open and I shut my emails off quick.
Luckily it was only Katie. She walked in, snow in her hair. Her puffy blue dress hand snowflakes lined up in town neatly imprinted on it. He flat dark blue trainers were totally different from her style of dress and her hair was messily gathered up into a bun with only one clip.
" hey we match" I joked.
" yay colour coordinated best friends!" She hugged me. " so I have an announcement" she grinned at me, I knew she was dying to tell me.
" fire away babes" I teased in a British accent, she giggled in return.
"I'm not single anymore" she laughed.
" omg that's amazing congrats!" I squealed, deep down I truly was happy for her. " wait why didn't you text me??" I asked.
" I couldn't, even though it killed me. I wanted to tell you in person" she explained.
" so who's the lucky fella?"
" that's why.... I wanted to tell you in person.....um.....well....just come in" she beckoned to the door.
" hey sis" Leon walked in, my brother.
" yay congrats you guys! Why wouldn't I be okay with that?" I asked hugging Leon.
" because it's weird, your brother dating your best friend" she giggled.
" no it's so cute, when did you ask her Leelee?" I asked.
" last week, it's been a week and two days" he smiled.
" aww that's so cute " I squealed again. Sadly Leon's phone rang, breaking up the great moment.
" sorry I gotta get this" Leon sighed.
" ok I need to work for once, see you later Leon!" Kate hugged him and he walked out of the door.
" gotta love Leon" I joked as I was down again.
" yeah I agree, your lucky to have such a nice brother" Katie smiled, ripping her coat off.
" hahaha runs in the family" I teased her. She shook her head at me.
" so how's you and Patrick?"
" I don't know to be honest, I have been questioning our love loads lately, since after Christmas. Like....it's so hard to explain. He's acting so weird like he doesn't love me. Sean acted the exact same way two weeks before he ended up in bed with Hibbert"
"Aww well I'm sure he's just being a bit shy, everyone has those days, and maybe he wants to surprise you with like an engagement or something?" Katie grinned, a sparkle in her eye.
" nah mate I doubt it. But hey, it is what it is and it's great it have a chance to get down to gritty reality and talk about real life for once, whatever's wrong I'll get it out of him at lunch" I smiled.
" wow Autumn, why are you always so damn positive?" Katie giggled.
" gotta deal with what you have and make the best out of a bad situation." I grinned again. Katie shook her head.
" oh I almost forgot to fill up my water bottle" I sighed, picking up an empty bottle.
" ok, see you in a min" Katie nodded at me. I hummed a song as I walked down to the staff base.
The whole red room was old and beat up now. The brand new light wood tables and plush red chairs totally looked out of place in a room like this. The caretaker had tried to hide the cracked paint by sticking up a huge pin board, but he stuck it wonky so it didn't do the old space much favour. I walked over the the metal sink which was splattered in stains of various drinks and dirt. As I was running the tap I didn't notice the door creaking open.
" hello love cake" he rumbled in a deep voice which made me tense up. The Tap stopped and the room spun around. I dropped the water bottle, fingers weakening.
" no" I whispered, shaking like a leaf. It couldn't be him, there was no way on earth it was...... I needed to calm down or I was going to have another panic attack...

_______________________________________________________
Hey guys it's me! So did you like this part? I told you things would start heating up soon and its started already. I like to jump into the action with my stories. 😂 so who do you think this mysterious man is? Any guesses? Will Autumn be able to control her emotions or will she end up having a panic attack in front of everyone? Please comment as I love talking to you and thank you for reading this far. I love you guys, bye! Xxx