Chapter 20

At scene

Dawson's Pov
We arrive on scene to find the two cars in really bad shape. The pickup truck was on top of the back end of the small car. You could hear the screams coming from the small car. I hop out of the rig and run over. To assess what the conditions are. As I get closer to the car I see that there is a kid in the back seat in a car seat with his head slumped over. "I don't hear him. Jack honey can you hear me. JACK!!!" The mother screams. "Ma'am I need you to stay still. Shay get me 2 c-collars and 2 back boards." I say as Casey comes running up with his men. "We need to get this boy out before the car on top could potentially crash down on him" I say to Casey. I avert my attention back to the mom as Shay comes running up with the c-collars and backboards. I manage to get the door open. "Ma'am I'm going to put this c-collar on you. Then will get you to the ambulance." I say to her. "I feel fine do I really need to get but on the backboard I can still move just fine." She says to me. "Alright fine but you must wear the c-collar and go get checked out at the hospital." I say. After we get her out Casey and Brett are almost done with getting the kid out. He is breathing but unconscious. The man in the truck is being helped out by shay as another ambulance comes to relieve her. "Come on shay we gotta go" Sylvie says. Just as we are about to load the boy into the ambo, Brett collapses on to the ground. "Brett!" I yell and run over to her. She slowly gets up. "Wooh. I think I just fainted did Severide see me fall." You did faint and as far as I know he didn't see. Are you ok?" I ask " yeah I've been a little off my game lately. She says. We get her up and into the back of the ambo.

]