1

Usually, my parents would hate the idea of me living with a boy, but because it was Calum, they loved it. Calum and I were best friends when we were younger but drifted apart in our teenage years because we went to different schools. Since collage was coming up in September, mine and Calum's parents thought it would be a good idea to get us a flat together over the summer since we would be attending the same collage too. I didn't particularly mind, I just could help but think it could be a bit awkward living with a boy. Obviously I lived with my older brother until he moved out, but Calum wasn't my brother so it wouldn't be the same.

I also wasn't sure what Calum thought about the whole thing. He might not want to live with me, and I wouldn't blame him. I haven't even spoken to him for years.

My mom parked up outside the block of apartments and told me she'd wait in the car whilst I dropped off the last few boxes of my stuff in my room. I grabbed the boxes from the trunk and shut it, making my way to the lift. I pressed the 'up' button and waited for the lift to arrive. When it finally did, the doors opened and Calum walked right into me, making me drop one of the boxes.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going." He flustered picking up the box. "I hope there's nothing to fragile in here."
I shrugged. "Just a few stuffed toys and stuff." I replied, a little embarrassed that I'd brought a whole box of stuffed toys to my new flat.
"I'll help you." He smiled, taking the heavier box from me and replacing it with the one I'd just dropped.

"So, excited to move into the flat tomorrow?" He asked, making conversation.
"I guess, it'll just be weird not being at home where everything is done for me." I answered.

He laughed. "Same. I was hoping you'd be able to do my laundry."
"I was thinking the same thing." I chuckled, finally reaching the flat. I dropped the boxes in my room with all the other boxes I had to sort out tomorrow.

I walked out with Calum and back to the car. We said a quick goodbye and see you tomorrow before I joined my mom inside the car.
"I didn't know Calum was here." Mom smiled, reversing out of the parking lot.
"Me neither." 

When dinner arrived, mom made me a pizza which was my favourite food to eat. We watched films in the living room as a little 'goodbye' which I hated. After the third film, I was allowed to go and sleep in my bed for the last time.

My parents were waiting until I moved out to change my room into a home office for dad. He was a psychiatrist who worked in an office but thought the patients would feel more comfortable in someone's home.

I switched off the lights once I'd changed and jumped into bed, pulling the covers over me and tried to fall asleep. It took me a long time to actually fall asleep. I couldn't help thinking about everything I had to do tomorrow. I had to unpack all my clothes and all of my school stuff. We still had to go food shopping too. Hopefully Calum would help with that.

I finally managed to drift off to sleep and forget about everything that was worrying me.

-

Hi. So this is my new Calum story I decided to start writing since I've finished all of my other books:) I hope you like it.

Updates will come weekly (hopefully) because I'm also working on other books I'm going to release at some point but I'm going to mainly focus on this one.

Chapter release:Saturday 6 August
Next chapter:Saturday 13 August