23

"Megan, honey, when are you going to come out of there?" Mum asked softly with a knock on my door. I shrugged, but then realised she couldn't see me so I just kept quiet, pretending I was still sleeping. "I don't think she's awake." I heard her say after a couple of minutes. "You go and do whatever you have to do, I'll wait for her." Joe said. Why was Joe here again? Not that I didn't want him to be, but he seemed to be at my parents house most of the time now.

When I finally heard the front door shut, I crept off my bed and unlocked the door, Joe walking in just as I got back into my bed again. "What's going on?" He asked with his arms folded. I sighed. "He used me."

"What? What do you mean?" He furrowed his eyebrows and sat on the edge of my bed. "Calum didn't even want to be with me. He just used me for sex." And I couldnt help but burst into tears with his words ringing in my brain. Joe wrapped an arm around me, trying to comfort me and telling me everything was going to be ok, when I knew I wasn't going to be ok for a while. I really fell for Calum over the summer. From him being a little crush when we were ten to actually being in love with him at seventeen.

"I think I'm going to move back in here." I said after a while. "Are you sure?" He asked and I nodded, telling him I still had to get my things from the car and I left quite a lot of stuff in my room. He offered to get them for me but I decided to get them tomorrow whilst Calum was at collage.

//

"So, you're moving back home for good?" Mom asked when I finished explaining why I came home. I nodded. She hugged me and told me everything was going to be okay, even though I didn't believe her. "I'm sorry if I'm too much trouble, I just don't want to live with Calum anymore."
"Don't worry about it Megan, this is your home too. I'm sure we'll have words with Calum's parents." Mom smiled. "You don't have to do that, it'll just cause tension between you both and you're really good friends with the Hoods." I shook my head, knowing the friendship between the two families had always been strong, and I didn't want to break them up over something like this. "I think it's best we keep this from them for now." Dad smiled sympathetically before I went back up to my room. I took my phone out of my bag and checked it for the first time since I'd arrived home.

From: Cal❤️
Megan, can I call you?x

From: Cal❤️
Okay, I can't tell if you're reading these or not. Will you please answer?x

From: Cal❤️
Will you please let me explain what we were talking about?x

From: Cal❤️
I'm going to bed, please answer me tomorrow Megs. I love you!xx

From: Cal❤️
I'm leaving for Berlin soon for my music trip, please let me call you when I get back so we can talk about all of this. You weren't in school today and I'm really worried! I love you x

As much as I wanted to answer him, I also really wanted to ignore him so I switched off the phone and threw it back onto the bed. There was a knock on the door and Joe came walking in. "I just wanted to let you know I'm going back home to Declan now, if that's okay?"
"You don't have to ask your little sister permission if you can go back to your boyfriends house." I softly chuckled. "I know, I just wanted to tell you so you don't wake up in the morning wondering if I'd been kidnapped or abducted by aliens." He said. "Whatever, just go home." I smiled. He said a quick goodbye before closing the bedroom door again and leaving.

-