29

I sat straightening my hair when my phone buzzed, I checked to see I was getting an incoming call from Luke.

"Hey." I said. "Hey, are you free tonight?" He asked and I said yes. "Great, I'm taking you out. I'll pick you up at seven."

"Well, what should I wear?" I chuckled. "Something casual. I'm not taking you out on some big fancy meal so you can put away the dresses." Luke laughed. "I guess I'll see you later then." I smiled before I hung up.

//

"I honestly don't know why you invited me to help you pick out outfits." Michael shook his head laughing. "Because I feel like you might actually be good at this." I smiled. "I need something casual, but I also want to look nice."

"Can't you just wear jeans and a nice tshirt or something?" Michael asked. "Great, now help me pick which jeans and tshirt. You really need to improve on this." I folded my arms.

We went through my entire wardrobe before we decided on a pair of black jeans, ripped at the knee and a dark purple crop top.
"Won't you get cold?" Michael asked. "Yeah, but I don't have any jackets that will go with this outfit." I sighed. "We might have to change the outfit again."

"No, were not changing. We spent an hour and a half picking that. Here." Michael slid off his leather jacket and handed it over to me.
"But I'm going to smell like boy."
"Fine, I'll take it back and you can freeze." He said. "I'll take it." I took it from him and put it on. "I think it looks better on me than it does you." I teased.

"It's 6.45, I better be going.I'll see you at school on Monday, yeah?" Michael asked.
"Yeah." I nodded before he left. I quickly applied some gold eyeshadow onto my lids and a bit of mascara to my lashes before adding a nude shade of lipstick onto my lips and I was ready.

"Where are you off out to tonight?" Mom asked as she entered my room, picking up dirty washing off the floor. "I'm going out with Luke, I don't know where yet." I replied, shoving my phone into my back pocket.

"You really like him don't you?" She asked.
"Of course. Why wouldn't I?"

"Just wondering. You look really happy with him." Mom said, my phone buzzing as soon as she finished. "Luke's here, I'll text you when I'm on my way home."

"Have a good time, and stay safe please."
"I will, I promise." I smiled before making my way downstairs and out the door to Luke's car.

"Hey." He smiled, gently kissing my cheek. "Hey." I replied. "So, where are you taking me?" I asked. "It's a surprise." Luke grinned.

After driving for a short amount of time, we pulled up in an abandoned car park. "Where are we?" I asked, looking around seeing there was nothing, to say I was disappointed was an understatement. "I'm going to have to blindfold you, the surprise is like 5 minutes away." Luke said, taking out a scarf and wrapping it around my eyes. "Do you know how long it took me to do my makeup? Actually, not that long." I laughed as Luke guided me out of the car.

We walked for what felt like forever until I heard the sounds of screams and music, and the smell of hot dogs and burgers filled the air.
Luke slowly removed the scarf and we were standing in front of a fun fair. "Surprise." He grinned.

"I wanted to take you out on an official date, so why not a place where we first met." He said and I couldn't help but hug him. "This is the best surprise!"
"Come on, we need to go on the rides." He held my hand and lead me to some of the rides.

Being a ride lover, we rode almost all of the rides at the fair. We decided to stop and get some food before taking a little walk to let our food settle.

"Why don't we go on the Ferris wheel? That's slow." Luke suggested and I agreed. He payed and we sat in the cart. The door of the carriage locked and we slowly went up into the air.

"Thanks for tonight, I don't think I've had this much fun in a while." I smiled. Luke smiled back and held me hand. "You're very welcome. I also had fun tonight."
"Probably because you got to hang out with me." I teased.
"Pfft, obviously." He laughed.

The Ferris wheel came to a sudden stop.
"What's happened? Does this usually happen?" I asked. "I don't think so." Luke shook his head.

We soon started again but much faster than before. It jolted and sped up before stopping again. We heard a scream and we could see the carriage in front of us was hanging onto the wheel before falling to the ground. "Luke I'm scared." I held onto his hand tighter. "We'll be fine. I promise." He said, holding me closer.

I could smell burning, and looked down to see a small fire had started at the bottom of the wheel. Many people were screaming and running out of the fair but there was nothing we could do, we were stuck. "There's a fire. Luke there's a fire!" I panicked, running my fingers through my hair.

The carriages jolted again and we found ourselves hanging on. "Are we going to fall? Are we going to die Luke? I don't want to die. If we die, I just want to say I love you." I said.
"Megan, were not going to die, I promise you."

The carriage fell. I screamed and hit my head on a bar. We hit the ground and I felt pain. I could see the fire getting bigger. I looked over to see Luke unconscious. I touched my head and the sight of blood on my hand was enough for me to pass out.