What is it? | Part 2

Mayte's POV

"Hello? Did you find out?", I say quickly picking up the phone, hoping this is the call I've been waiting for.

"No, they won't tell anyone. Not yet, anyway."

"Why the hell did you call me if you didn't know?"

"I called to tell you that I will know in two weeks. They're having a gender release party/ baby shower thing. "

Prince didn't do that for me. Why does that burnt toad get a gender release party AND a baby shower? "How unoriginal. Call me when you hear something useful."

I hang up the phone in anger. Marcus is so fucking stupid. All I asked was to tell me where she goes and what's going on. Why would you call me to tell me you'll have information later? Dumbass. I think I'll just get this tidbit of information by myself.

Two Weeks Later

Genevieve's POV

I stand in front of the mirror as Lanai zips my dress. Once she's finished, I start looking on my dresser for the perfect necklace.

"Looking for something?"

I turn around to see my husband in a pink suit with matching heels and a blue shirt. I can't help ,but smile. He looks amazing. 

"Couldn't have just worn white?"

"I am wearing white. See?", he says flashing a smile. I shake my head at his corniness. "Now, what were you looking for beautiful?"

"A necklace. It was blue and pink. I put it right here last night.", I say motioning to my dresser.

"Hmmm... Doesn't ring a bell, but I did find this old thing just lying around." He opens a box and inside is the most beautiful necklace and earring set I've ever seen. It's sterling silver with pink and blue diamonds. I stand there dumbfounded as he put the necklace on me.

"Prince...It's beautiful." I whisper, astonished. Lanai runs over, coming out of her state of awe and begins putting my earrings in.

"I'm glad you like it. Lanai helped me pick it out."

I sit down in the nearest chair and bend down to get my shoes. Prince sees me struggling and picks up the pink, blue and white wedges. He looks up at me shaking his head.

"The doctor said no heels Miss Thang."

"Exactly, those are wedges. Doctor Johnston approved these shoes last week. She said nothing above two inches and they are exactly two inches." He shakes his head at my need to wear heels. I don't get why he's upset. He wears heels everyday. I did too before I got pregnant. He slides the shoes on my feet, adjusts the ankle strap and helps me up.

"Let's go look at all the party decorations. I want everything to be perfect." We walk downstairs and head outside. Round tables and chairs, covered in white cloth with pink and blue ribbons spot the lawn. Three rectangular tables stand in front of a low stage. One for food, one for gifts and one for the cake. Everything looks extravagant. If you didn't know any better you'd think this was a wedding venue.

"All this for a gender release party?", I exclaim.

"Only the best for you.", Prince says smoothly.

"Why are there caterers? Didn't you want to barbecue?"

"I did but Lanai talked me out of it. So, we hired a catering company."

I nod and smile. Oooh I'm getting excited. Nothing could possibly ruin this day.