Epilogue

Approximately Four Years and Ten Months Later

Prince and I lie in bed asleep like every other Wednesday morning. All is well until the door swings open.
"Mommy! Daddy! Wake up!" They say in unison crawling up the bed. Prince and I shoot up in bed panicked.

"What is it? What's wrong? Who's hurt?"

"No one, Mommy. It's my birthday!" Lyra says, giggling.

"Yea, mine too!" Elijah adds.

"Well you know what that means."

"Big Birthday breakfast!" They shout.

I smile down at their gleaming faces. "Why don't you both head downstairs and watch tv in the living room?" They climb out of bed, and begin running. "What'd I tell y'all bout running inside?!"

"Sorry, Mommy." They mumble walking out of the room.

I look over at my husband, who seems to have fallen asleep. I tap him in an effort to wake him. Groaning, he rolls over on his back. I straddle him and look down.

"I'd like to wake up like this more often." I roll my eyes and lay on top of him. He immediately wraps his arms around me and holds me close. With a hand behind my head, he pulls me into a passionate kiss. "Good morning, Baby Dove."

"Good morning, Purple Love. Come on, we gotta cook."

I move to get up and he rolls over on top of me. "No. No. No. You stayed out 'til three ,in the Minnesota cold, finalizing all the party plans. Let me make the breakfast."

"Baby, no. I can't let you do that." He kisses me softly, then kisses my cheek, rubbing the tip of his nose up and down it.

"Everything you do. You do for this family. Take a break this morning. Get some rest okay? I'll come get you when it's time for the party."

"Okay. Remember Elijah hates blueberries, Lyra won't eat eggs that aren't scrambled with cheese, and th-"

"They both hate apple juice. Relax Genny. Get some sleep." With that, he kisses me one last time and goes downstairs.

Prince's POV

I jog downstairs in my silk pajamas and walk into the living room. LiLy turn hearing me enter.

"Why don't you two come help Daddy make breakfast?" They both cheer and run towards me. We all walk into the kitchen together and begin making breakfast.

"Can we have chocolate chip waffles?" Elijah asks.

"Ooh yea! With hash browns, and bacon, and eggs!" Lyra adds.

"But I don't want bacon I want sausage." Elijah retorts.

"We can make both okay?"

"Okay." They scramble around the kitchen getting ingredients as I call them out. Once we have everything we need, we begin making breakfast. "Wait where's mommy?"

"Mommy was up all night getting things ready for today. I told her she can sleep in." I say removing the last waffle from the pan. I turn around and look at them and their eyes seem to glow with compassion for their mother.