Chapter 28: Insomnia

Phil's POV:
I took out the memory card and uploaded the video to his laptop. I checked the clock.
2:37 am
Deciding I needed something to take my mind off the pain, I took out my camera and started vlogging.
I made another Sleepless Nights With Phil. I spoke loudly to fill the emptiness.
"Oh, and Dan is on holiday so I can speak loudly." I said, walking past his closed door, a lump in my throat. I made fancy tea and crumpets, smashed my foot on the bathroom door and played some "relaxing" video games. It helped a little but it left me missing Dan so much. I shut off the camera and opened YouTube. When Dan was away, I'd watch his videos or videos of us together, but tonight, it made matters worse. I started by watching a Sims video but it made me think of how Dil might never have another game. Instead, I watched some of Pj's videos, some of B's and some of Dodie's. The three people who could always make me smile. By this time it was 4am. I decided to check on B quickly by sending her a small text.

From: Phil
To: B
Hope you're ok. I hope you're sleeping by now, in which case, sleep well. Xx

From: B
To: Phil
I'm fine I guess, thanks. I hope you're doing ok too. Not sleeping, sadly. Insomniac :/ Working on a school project. Sleep well if you get there xx

Her text had no smile behind it like they normally did. It was forced and blunt. I thought nothing of it and crept through the hall to Dan's room. I sat on his bed, under his black and white quilt. It smelt strongly of him and I cuddled the pillow. I instantly drifted off to sleep.

~ Dream ~
He was walking through the house, headed for the front door. If I didn't say anything, he would be gone.
"Stop!" I cried out. The door slammed in my face. I pulled it open onto the dark street. It was so quiet. The calm before the storm. I heard tyres screech and then a thud. And the car was gone.

"Dan!" I yelled into the night...

"What have you done Phil?"

His voice echoed through my head.

"You've killed your best friend."

"So much of a sunshine."

"You've gone and ruined everything again."

~

I woke with a start, my heart pounding. The sun had risen above the London skyline and it looked beautiful. The voices were right.

I had ruined everything.

A/N: Yo. It me. Thoughts on this chapter? Let me know in the comments. I might start naming chapters idk. And sorry for the late update whoops.

Stay awkward,

E x