Chapter 38: The irony of choking on a lifesaver

Phil's POV:
My heart plummeted to my feet. Shakily, I turned to look at B. All the colour had drained from her face and her hand dropped limply to her side. I clenched my fist, all anger directed at nowhere in particular.
"We need it for people with a 60% or more chance of surviving." The doctor continued. Then all my anger turned to sadness and my eyes filled with tears. I just stared at the floor, confident I wasn't going to show my weakness to this Doctor.
"I'll leave you two alone." He whispered, and left the room. We were silent, the lump in my throat swelling so I could barely breath.

"So." B said, breaking the painful silence. I bit my tongue, trying my hardest not to cry.

"It's all my fault." I choked finally, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Oh Phil." B breathed, her voice catching in her throat. "It's not your fault. It's nobody's fault."

"Yes it is. If I hadn't-"

"Listen to me Phil. It's not your fault and that's final. I don't want to hear another word on the subject mister." I nodded obediently.

"Now then. I, along with many of your friends have made something for you and Dan." She said, opening her laptop. Out of her bag, she pulled three sets of headphones and a headphone splitter. She plugged them into the computer and opened an MP4 on her desktop. I put the headphones in my ears and the others in Dan's. B took the others and pressed play.

Dear Dan and Phil...