Chapter 3

~4 weeks later~
~Pete's POV~
It had been four weeks and she has gotten worse. The doctors are thinking of taking her off of life support but I keep telling them no.

I still have faith that she will make it. I have been snapping at everyone lately...even Daya. The guys had to go home back to their families. They still visit everyday to see how we are doing.

"Daddy can I have some cookies?" Ask  Daya while sitting on the chair.

"No." I said with no emotion as I started at the wall.

"Pleaaase I am getting hungry" she whined as she swung her legs back and forth.

"I said no" I said as my angry started to rise.

"But I want cookies" she said as she hit the arms rest of her chair and pouted. Then I snapped.

"I SAID NO AND THAT IS FINAL YOUR NOT GOING TO HAVE YOUR FUCKING COOKIES, SO NOW YOU ARE GOING TO SIT YOU ASS DOWN AND SHUT IT!" I yelled at her with anger as I grabbed her leg to make her stop swinging them. I knew I had frightened her.

She didn't say else. All she did  was quietly crying in her seat until she fell asleep with tears stains on her cheeks.

~4 days later~

She still hasn't responded to the medicine that the doctors gave her. I was getting scared.

Daya hasn't been the same since I had snapped at her the other day.  And I had been drinking more often than usual.

Patrick , Joe, and Andy have been taking Daya to school while I was at the hospital or at a bar getting drunk. I was currently at a bar drinking a beer as music played softly in the background.

*Ring ring ring*
I picked up my phone off of the dirty old brown table that had empty beer bottle scattered around.

"Hello" I mumbled into the phone

"Mr.Wentz?"

"Yes?"

" This Dr.Wright. I have some bad news...your wife....she passed away 15 minutes ago..."

"WHAT?!?" I said into the phone

"She had a cardiac arrest and the pressure in her brain had increased until her brain gave out....we tried everything to save her...I am sorry for your loss."

"I am on my way" I hung up ran out of the bar into my car and  off to the hospital.

*Time lapse to the hospital*

I rushed into Christine's room. I saw Daya, Joe, Andy, and Patrick. They were all crying. Daya was in Patrick's arms crying into his chest. I am supposed to be the one holding her like that not Patrick but instead I was at a bar getting drunk

I then looked at Christine...she looked lifeless...deep inside me I felt as if she was going to wake up...but I knew she was gone.

I looked over at Patrick and he looked furious. He gave Daya to Andy and told me to go outside with him.

(A/n pic of Patrick yelling at Pete above^)

"WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM PETE YOU SHOW UP HERE HALF DRUNK WHEN YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE HERE WITH YOUR WIFE AND KID BUT NO INSTEAD YOU AT A BAR GETTING DRUNK! NOW YOUR WIFE IS DEAD AND YOUR DAUGHTER HAS NO MOTHER AND YOU WEREN'T HERE TO EVEN SAY YOU LAST WORDS TO CHRISTINE! " yelled Patrick.

"YOU THINK I WANT THIS PATRICK. YOU THINK I WANT MY WIFE TO DIE ON ME YOU THINK I WANT MY DAUGHTER TO GROW UP WITHOUT A MOTHER BY HER SIDE I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO SO I DRINK! I DROWN MY PROBLEMS IN ALCOHOL!" I yelled back at him as I tried not to punch him. He has no clue how I feel right now.

"If you EVER hurt Daya. I won't think twice on take her away from you and I mean FAR away. I am warning you Wentz, so think before you do anything to her." Patrick said sternly as he walked down the hallway. I stood in the hallway trying to calm my self down.

I quickly went back inside as if nothing happened. I noticed Daya was asleep next to Joe.

"Where's Pat?" Asked Andy

"Um..he had to go and pick up Declan from day-care." I answered.

"Oh um.. ok well I think I will be going it's getting late..take care ok Pete." Andy said as he gave me a hug and gave Daya a kiss on her forehead.

"I think I will be leaving also...Take care ok." Joe said as he also gave me a hug and kissed Daya on the cheek.

Once everyone left. That's was when I snapped.

I grabbed the flower van that was set next to the sink and threw it against the wall. Shards of glass flew everywhere and some landed on Christine's lifeless body.

I punched a hole in the wall. I screamed and screamed in anger and pain. I lost the love of my life...all I have is Daya... Reminding me of what I had with Christine...haunting me

"Daddy your scaring me" said Daya in a frightened voice.

I slowly turned around and saw her huddled in a far corner hugging her knees.

I slowly walked over to her and said I a low deep menacing voice "I don't fucking care"