Chapter 4

Song: The world is ugly by My Chemical Romance

~2 years later~
~Daya's POV~
I was walking down the streets of Los Angles, CA. I passed by the places that Uncle Patrick, Uncle Joe and Uncle Andy would take me before they moved away 1 year ago.

Many memories came flooding back. The laughs were would have as we ate our ice cream. They use to take me out of the house when ever they could. They knew that my dad would get drunk...but they don't know half of the abuse...

Uncle Patrick move to Chicago IL with his family. He works for a popular record label. He was worried of what would happen to me if he left.

Uncle Joe moved to New York with his family also. He has his own Record Company. I forgot what it was called but I know that a lot of famous people are signed to him.

Uncle Andy still lives in LA but on the other side of town. I rarely see him he is always busy. He is now the Co Owner of Cross Fit.

Dad and I still live in the same house that we lived in when mom died...he hasn't been the same...he goes out to drink every night and comes home drunk and angry. He take his anger out on me even when I don't do anything right.

He blames me for my mom's death. I never knew why. One day he said he loved me and the next...he said that he hated me. It hurt me alot

He has been beating me ever since my mom's death. He has gotten worse over the past 2 years...all I want is my old dad back.

I finally reached my house. It was a plain two story house with worn out white paint and a front yard that hasn't been watered for a very long time.

As I walked in I was hit with a strong stench of alcohol and cigarette smoke.
There were empty bottles of random brands of alcohol scattered all over the living room and kitchen. There were half smoked cigars on the ash tray and on the table.

I saw my dad passed out on the old brown couch with a cigar hanging from his middle finger and index finger.

I quickly ran up to my room before he woke up.

Once I entered my room which consisted of an old twin bed, a small brown bed side desk and a small closet. My walls were a faded pink with cracks and holes in it. I had very little clothing.

The only time I actually get clothes is when uncle Andy visits. Which is about once or twice a month. He would take me shopping while my dad was out doing what he does. He doesn't know about the beatings that my dad gives me.

"DAYA GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!" I hear my dad scream from down stairs as he interrupted my thoughts.

I quickly put on my thick sweater and thick legging because I knew that he was going to beat me.

Once I reached the kitchen entrance I saw my dad with a bottle of whiskey in his hand. He was beyond angry.

"WHY HAVEN'T YOU CLEANED THIS HOUSE!" he yelled as he slowly and menacingly walked towards me. I took a step back the closer he got to me. I was petrified of him.

"I am sorry I just got ho-" "YOU LEFT THE HOUSE! YOU KNOW YOU SHOULDN'T LEAVE THIS HOUSE YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT" He interrupted as he raised the bottle of whiskey ready to hit me with it. I ran up the stairs before the bottle ever made contact with my face.

"GET BACK HERE!" He yelled as he ran after me but stumbled half the time due to his drunken state.

I reached the top of the stairs and ran to the end of the hallway to where my room was at. Before I could reach my door I felt his hands grab my hair and drag me down the long hallway. I let out a blood curling scream.