Chapter 24

~Pete's POV~
*20 minutes before running into Daya*
We were all in the car when I got a call. I looked at the screen and it said unknown.

"Hello is this Pete Wentz? " said a voice of a female. She sounds like she is in her early 20's.

"I will answer that after you tell me how you got my number." I responded in a serious manner. The guys all looked at me with a curious look.

"Who is it?" whispered Patrick. I quickly put my finger to my lips signalling him to be quiet. He just  looked at me understandingly.

"It's me..Vara...your niece." She said to me. Multiple memories of Vara flooded my mind of the sweet innocent little girl that I haven't seen in years.

"Vara?..." I whispered into the phone.

"Ok we don't have enough time. Daya just told my dad everything about her past. He ran out of the room and she just escaped. I need you to go to 652 SW Corner Ln. I will tell her to got there. I need you to be there fast before my dad comes back." She said in a hurry. I knew exactly where that was.

"Ok I'm on my way. Bye Vara" I said to her. Thank God she isn't like her dad...well I hope she is not.

"Bye Uncle Pete." She said as we both hung up. I took a sharp U turn towards the sketchy side of New Jersey.

"What's happened?"

"What are you doing?"

"Who's Vara?"

"Pete slow down your going to fast!"

I heard them say, but I just ignored everything they said. I just want to get to my daughter.

*15 minutes later*
I was about to turn towards the address, but something ran in front of the car and I instantly came to a stop.

The figure quickly got up and I instantly knew who it was. It was my little girl Daya.

I quickly got out of the car just to make sure I was right. I ran to the front of the car and there sat Daya.

"DAYA!" I said out loud.

"It's me! Pete!" I said to her.

She looked extremely tired and broken. Mostly because of me, but also because my wrenched half brother almost tortured her to death. 

Everyone else got out of the car and saw that it was Daya. We were all so happy until we heard dogs barking and growling in the distance. Daya and I knew instantly that it was Rob and his men. 

We quickly got in the car and drove off.

"...Daya?" Asked Gerard.

"Yeah?" She responded

"If you don't mind me asking...what happened in there?" He asked with sympathy in his voice.

She stayed silence for a moment. It lasted for a minute, but is felt as if it had gone on for a century.

She the told us everything that had happened there. From the moment she got woke up to were she had escaped with the help of Vara.

She deserves better. She deserves a better life. Better memories. She deserves a mother...but most importantly she deserves a better life. On in which she doesn't have to worry about what awful thing is gonna happen to her.