Chapter 22

~Daya's Mind~

You never really know what is gonna happen when you wake up. You might die...You can lose a friend... You find out your life long dream had can true... or it had failed to come true. Feeling can change. You loved someone one day and the next it's like they don't even exist. You can go from hating someone to feeling sympathy for them. It can happen so quickly and at any moment.  Anything can make that change. A word... An action...A memory...Another person. It can happen unexpectedly. 

~Daya's POV~

It felt like days had passed. I would fall in and out of sleep not knowing if it was day or night. I didn't really care...all I want is to get the hell out of here. My wounds have heeled pretty quickly, but they still do hurt when I try to move. Right now I have to stay strong if I wanna get out of here.

I was currently laying upside down on the old twin size with my head hanging off the edge. God I hate it here. Why can't Rob just fucking get shot or something.

My mind started to wander.  Questions swarmed my head. Why hasn't Patrick found me yet? Will I ever get out of here? If I do..then would I be dead or alive? Tears started to slip down my face. God I hate it when I cry. I hate feeling so vulnerable.My mind wander to my 5th birthday. I remembered how Pete, mom , and I would laugh as we watched Lilo and Stitch. God I wanna get out of here!

" GO TO HELL ROB!" I yelled out

Just then Rob and Vara walked in.

"You speak of the devil and be shall appear." (a/n lol spn puns)

Rob looked surprised due to my comment. Vara was trying to conceal her laughter. While I kept a straight face.

"Keep talking a see what happens." he warned me.

"OooOooo sOoo Scared" I said sarcastically due to to the face that I was high on sleep or sleep deprived..either way I am not so stable right now. I know I know I should be terrified of him right now, but trust me I have felt worse. I learned how to ignore the pain.

He was about hit me, but Vara grabbed his wrist and stood in front of him.  

"Dad please don't. You sort of walked in on that one Literally. Plus at least get to know her ok." she said as Rob slowly put his hand down. 

"Wait HE is YOUR dad?" I asked in shock.

"Yeah he is..and I convinced him to come and talk to you about something that he have been to stubborn to say. Right dad." she looked at him. He look utterly annoyed of both of us, but mostly me 

"I wanna tell you that I wanna torture you again." I said as I imitated him in a silly voice. 

"HEY SHUT IT I DON'T SOUND LIKE THAT! KEEP IT UP AND YOU GONNA GET IT!" He yelled like an immature child

"AND WHAT DON'T THINK I AM SO SCARED OF YOU. MY DAD HAS DONE WAY WORSE TO ME THEN WHAT YOU HAD DONE, SO DON'T I AM SO SCARED OF YOU!" I yelled with pure anger. It was anger that I had been dying to let out for a very long time.

The room was completely silent. Both Vara and Rob looked at me in shock due to my out burst. I was heavily panting.

"What do you mean?" ask Rob as he slowly walked towards me still a bit shocked and angry.   

"Ha..What you didn't know!?" I said to him. Vara was looking intently at me and at Rob and I.

"Didn't know what? I have no idea what you are talking about!" He said pleadingly. Then it hit me. He truly doesn't know what happened to me. My face soften as Vara sat next to me. Rob was still looking at me pleadingly. 

"When my mom died Pete started to drink. He blamed me for my mother's death. One drink became a few..then a few became a daily thing. He would come home drunk off his ass yelling and screaming..at first. As months passed he became more and more aggressive towards be. He grew colder and colder as time went by. He would throw me around like a rag doll. He would make me sleep outside when he brought dumb bimbos home. When he would get arrested I would be alone. That was when I would like going home. I survived off of whatever food he left over and the food from school. Two years later, He tried to kill me by throwing me down the stairs. He beat me almost to death. Right then and there I wish that he would just kill me already. Imagine a 7 year old wishing that...It may seem unrealistic, but after loosing her own mother and 2 years of pure torture. That day Patrick and Andy came to visit. Right when I was laying at the bottom of the stairs. They barged in and took me away, leaving Pete beaten up right where I was laying. Patrick and his family  took me in once I had recovered. I then developed anxiety, depression, insomnia from the constante nightmares, and sometimes eating problems due to the lack of nutrients.  Patrick gave me love and cared for me. He is a father to me, but no...Pete just had to come back..he is sober right now...but it just brought back many memories that never wanted to remember. Then you came around and made things even worse by taking me away and hurting Brendon, and for what MONEY!...You and Pete sicken me.." I said to Rob. Tears once again falling from my face. Vara had tears coming down her face. Rob's face was soaked in a few tears.

The room was quiet. I looked at the floor not wanting to make eye contact with anyone. Rob let out a soft sob and quickly ran out of the room. 

"I have never seen him this way." said Vara.

"Why does he even care? Why was he insisting on me telling him?" I asked still looking at the floor.

"Daya...Rob is Pete's half brother..Rob is your uncle and I am you half cousin." She said to me. I looked up in shock. A final tear slid down my face. 

"What?..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OH MY GOOOOD IT HAS BEEN SOOOO LOOOONG! I am very sorry I took so long to update. I am alot better and happier. Still a few issues going on, but hey we still have to live for the good times! Also BRENDON IS GONNA BE IN KINKY BOOTS OML LORD HE LOST A BET TO A GUY IN A CHIFFON SKIRT, BUT HE DOES MAKE THOSE HIGH HEELS WORK!!!. Also Paramore's new album is to die for not literally, but you know what I mean lol AND FALL OUT BOYS NEW SINGLE IS SO ADDICTIVE I LOVED IT SO MUUUCH. ANYWAYS! I hope you loved the chapter I know it went by fast but hey at least I did something.  I love you all. Stay sassy, Stay snazzy, Stay beautiful, Stay Alive. Till next time my lovelies<3<3

~Johanaxoxo