Ch.6 Up At Night

Lauren's POV

The lights were off in my house after Jayden dropped me off. The only lighting the street was from Jayden's headlights. It seemed as though everyone was asleep. But I knew better than that - I was sure Dani would stay up, and Amy. That is if Amy and Mom told the whole family. Who am I kidding, again? Of course they did.

After I unlocked the front door of the house, and headed straight towards the stairs, as to not wake anyone up. Who  I kidding? I already know they're awake.  Before I could place one foot on the stairs, the light in the living room turned on, revealing the faces of my five sisters eagerly awaiting my arrival.

The moment Dani saw me she gave out a low scream that -well didn't sound so low compared to the silence surrounding us. "Oh my god!!! What happened???"

"You guys need to chill, nothing is confirmed yet," I replied.

"Oh, Laurenzo, I am so proud of you," said Christina, heading towards me and giving me a tight hug.

"I'm so excited and happy for you, Laur," said Lisa, throwing her hands in the air out of excitement.

"Thank you guys, I really appreciate it".

"Can we come to live show? That would be absolutely terrific," exclaimed Katherine.

"Kath, I haven't even accepted the offer yet. I'm still thinking about it".

"But you're accepting it, right? I mean you definitely should. Laur, this is a once-in-a-lifetime thing, but if you do this right now it could open up a modeling career for you," said Dani.

"That's true. Plus, you get to work with Mr.Harlem; I told everyone how hot he is," said Amy. I blushed at that, though I gotta give Dani credit for her though-I'm-younger-than-you-are-I-can-still-give-you-a-life-lesson speech.

"Thanks everyone, but I'm really tired right now, can we discuss this tomorrow, please?"

"Wait, so you're gonna accept?"

"I'm not sure yet".

"When are you supposed to give your reply?" asked Christina.

"Tomorrow night, which is why I need to get good sleep so I can think clearly tomorrow."

"Okay, good night Lauren," said Amy, heading upstairs.

"Good night Laurenzo," said Christina.

"Good night Laur".

"Good night".

Soon enough, only Dani and I were left in the living room. I looked back at her, and if you ask me what is one word to describe her at that moment, I would say wicked. Dani was definitely enjoying this more than I was.

We soon headed upstairs, I changed into my pajamas, wished Dani a good night, then turned the lights off in the room we shared with Lisa. Lisa was a deep sleeper, so it didn't matter if we turned the lights on in the first place.

However, when I closed my eyes, all I saw, was me right there in his front seat, his headlights pouring down my street. I tried to forget, but I can't lie, his words kept me up at night. I couldn't sleep that night, and when I checked the time on my phone to see whether it was midnight yet, I realized it was 4:30. Isn't this considered morning time? I hadn't slept all night, thinking about modeling, the show, him.

Now, I'm worried that if I sleep at such a late (or should I say early) hour, I wouldn't have time tomorrow to think about my reply.

And then I remembered the phone call. I definitely offended his boss, and I might have offended him in an indirect way, as to not taking him seriously. And trying ( and failing) to hold my laughter. He must think I'm rude. Well, that's kinda true, I did have a rude attitude earlier when we had the phone call.

After wasted efforts, and lost energy, I fell into a deep slumber. Thankfully, now that I've moved into a new level of consciousness - I had to dream about being a model.

---

Later, I woke up to the smell of quesadillas. Mom must have made these for lunch. Wait, LUNCH?? I already missed breakfast?? No,no,no.

____________
Hey guys,
If you're reading this please comment and vote- I wanna know if anyone  is actually reading this. What's your opinion?? Should I continue with the story??