Ch.4 On My Doorstep

Lauren's POV
"Dani, can you please hand me over the salt from right there," asked Lisa.
"Here you go," said Dani, handing Lisa the salt.
We were currently having dinner- a dinner consisting of steak with vegetables such as carrots and broccoli.

Dinner was exceptional today, since it was my brother, Alex, who cooked the steak for us today. He has a hobby for cooking steaks and as far as I know, I've never tasted a better steak. Mom, with the help of Kath, cooked everything else. Kath on her own, baked the dessert, she had a thing for baking sweets. Today she chose to make us Tiramisu, and no one argued against it as it tasted like heaven.

After we finished having dinner, dessert, and cleaning up; we sat down in the living room. Christian, Nick, and Joey went upstairs to continue their game on their X-Box. The rest of us were talking about other stuff.

Christina, Amy, and Kath were talking about how good the Tiramisu tasted. Mom, Dad, Mike, and Lisa were discussing what birthday present they should buy for my cousin on her graduation. Alex, Dani, and I were talking about going to the mall tomorrow. Alex was already making up a way to get out of it- but going out shopping with Alex was a favorite for Dani and I. We'd always make fun of him. Just when I was about to insist that he should come- the doorbell rang.

Amy was sitting at the edge of the couch, which was closest to the door. She stood up to go and get the door. "I'll get it," she shouted for everyone else to hear. Everyone else in the room continued their conversations.

A minute later, Amy called Mom and I. " You always say that, but then when we go, you always have the most fun," I said as I got up from the couch. When I reached the door, with Mom by my side. Amy looked at me and she gave me a sideway glance at the person at the door. I looked over to the figure standing in the doorway and I was wonder struck.

Standing in our doorway, was a young gentleman in a dark blue sports coat. Underneath was a white shirt. He also wore blue jeans. Smart casual. My thoughts screamed at me. He looked fit and athletic and muscular and....... I looked up at his face and trust me when I say I wasn't disappointed. He had bright green eyes with pale skin and black, neatly brushed hair. His features were simply screaming hot.

"Hello Mrs. and Ms.Cimorelli," he said, interrupting my trail of thoughts. Like, excuse me; can't you see I'm busy admiring you. His voice sounded oddly familiar, and for a second I wondered if I had seen him before. Nope. I'd definitely remember if I'd seen someone that hot.
"Hi, there. Can I help you?" answered my Mom.
"Mom, he wants to talk to Lauren about a job offer," said Amy totally ignoring his presence.

Something clicked in my head and I stared at him wide-eyed, suddenly going conscious about my messy hair. The phone call. It was him. It was real.
"What job offer is that?" Mom raised her eyebrow at him suspiciously.

"I'm offering your daughter a postion of a model in the Spring Fashion Show."
He said it all without looking at my mother once. His eyes were stuck on me, assessing every feature of mine. I felt my cheeks turn a deep red and I looked down at my shoes. If I cant handle one person looking at me, how can I handle hundreds??

At this point, my Mom was confused/astonished. She composed her expression, however, and said: "How about you come in and we can talk about this inside. It's chilly here."
Really Mom??? Chilly??? Joey could come up with a better excuse.

"I'm sorry Ma'am but I have made a reservation for two in a five-star restaurant in order to discuss the matters with Ms.Cimorelli".

"Already? Aren't you supposed to call first?"

"I have indeed," he said, and if I could blush any redder than I just did. Mom glared at me alarmingly and I replied shyly stuttering every word:" I-I thought..it wwas a prankk ccall."

Amy chuckled at this and I sent her the most furious glare I could muster- making her shut up.

"A prank call? Why would you think that? Oh god help me," my mom said.

"Mrs.Cimorelli, I'm afraid that if I stay on your doorstep any longer, we would be late for our dinner."

Mom looked hesitant for a second, she wouldn't want to leave me with a stranger, even for business affairs. She looked deep in thought but then said:" Okay, Lauren will go with you, but one hour from now- her sister, Christina, will drive her back home".

"I don't think that would be necessary- I already have a car to drive her back home. This is my card,Mrs.Cimorelli, and you can call whenever you want to check up on your daughter, though I promise we'll be back before midnight".

I was actually going? Mom was considering letting me go with a guy she just met?? She agrees that I should work for him?? So unlike her. He looked legit though.

"Okay then, you can go Lauren. She'll need to change her clothes first, though".

I looked at Mom in shock, what?? I mean YAAAS but really?? Amy coughed, snapping me out of my shock, and I headed towards the stairs and into my room. I changed into high-waisted denim shorts and a light blue swirl-shirt. I wore my brown handbag and my converse for shoes.  Something casual and simple.

When I headed back downstairs, Amy was gone and only Mom was left in the doorway. I kissed her goodbye and found the Mr.what was his name? Mr.Model- he sure as hell looked like a model, still standing on my doorstep.

The moment he saw me, he smiled at me, then he turned around to his car which was a red Ford convertible. I really liked the car, if anything it was my style. I followed him, and he opened the car door for me. I slid into the front seat and adjusted my position, I started looking around in the car. Meanwhile, Mr.Model sat in the driver's seat. He started the car engine and with that he sped off away from my house.

____________
Hey guys,
If you're reading this please comment and vote- I wanna know if anyone is actually reading this. What's your opinion?? Should I continue with the story??