Ch.12 Mrs.Venezuelda

Lauren's POV
The ringtone of my phone echoed through my eardrums. What?? Ringtone?? Someone is calling me?? I opened my eyelids to find.....light. I closed my eyes, then opened them again. Wait a second, why is the light on in the first place?? WHAT IS GOING ON?? I sat up on my bed and looked over to my cellphone. The caller ID read: Christina. I answered the phone, my sleepy voice clear in my words. "Hello??"

"Hey...did I wake you up??"

"Umm.......no," I answered. I had no idea why I answered no. It was just a reflex. I was usually awake when people called me. And if I was ever asleep when they called me, I wouldn't be awakened by the call due to my deep sleep.

"I really missed you Laur."

"Me too, I missed you all."

"Soooo what's up??"

"Nothing, really."

"Come on, Lauren. Speak up. The mic is yours."

"Okay, so you know the guy who I travelled with? Well, his sister is the one training us. And guess what?? He DIDN'T tell me."

"Was he like supposed to tell you??"

"No, but then why not?? Yesterday, I was with him in the elevator and before I got out, he smiled at me. At first I thought it was a good-luck-on-your-first-day smile but then when I replayed it in my head, I realized it was a mischievous grin. I should've known."

"Lauren??"

"Yeah??"

"Do you like him??"

"What?!!" I was taken aback by her question. Liked him?? I was telling her how he kinda pranked me but without actually pranking me and she was asking me if I liked him??

"Did you even hear your voice when you talked about him?? You just went from 0-100. Like one second you were sleep-talking and the next you sounded like you were obsessing over one of your fandoms."

Was she serious?? I liked him?? No way. Why would she think that?? If Nick (her boyfriend) ever did that to me, does it mean I like him?? Off course not. It was just a joke, that part was obvious, since we couldn't stop laughing. There was nothing about me liking him.

"Christina, I don't like him. We just have fun together. Anyways, I gotta go. I'll talk to you later."

I got out of bed when I realized I was still in yesterday's clothes. That was when I remembered last night. I laid on the bed to rest but instead of resting, I thought about him. I must have fallen asleep mid-thought. That explains the lights that were switched on when I woke up.

I headed for the bathroom, brushed my teeth, took a shower, then changed into new clothes.

I wore a sleeveless pink top and white shorts. Wrapped around my waist was a red and white flannel. Flannels. They're bae. As for my shoes, I wore white sneakers. I let my curly hair down and wore a necklace and a couple of bracelets for accessories.

I bought a chocolate croissant for breakfast and ate it on my way to VANESSA'S. I haven't even met the woman yet. I took a deep breath as if in meditation.

Time for day 2.

I went up the elevator and headed towards the ninth floor. This time, after I signed in, the secretary directly directed me to the stage room.

Mia was already there, and though I wasn't late, I was the last to arrive. "Hey Lauren," she smiled at me genuinely. "Hello." I felt uncomfortable as I noticed everyone staring at me as I took a seat.

I then looked at Mia. She was wearing an olive green button up top and a pair of long, black jeans.

"Okay, since we are now complete in number, I would like to make an announcement. Today, you will all be meeting Mrs.Venezuelda. In case you didn't know, she is the owner of this company. She has already seen pictures of you and gave her appoval on you being the company's models for the show. However, she might have a different opinion when she sees you live. To be blunt and honest, that has never happened before. Plus, you're all really pretty, I personally don't think it will happen today. In addition to seeing you, she will also be assigning outfits for each of you. Each one of you will have a different style of outfits, and a different number of outfits. This is totally normal so don't think anything of it. Outfit assignment and model confirmation will be spread over today and tomorrow and maybe even the day after that, as Mrs.Venezuelda likes to take her time when it comes to her models. Now, I know all of you girls are really polite and respectful which is why I'm not going to ask you to be polite and respectful but instead, I will ask you to maintain being polite and respectful throughout these following days."

Two thoughts conquered my head after Mia finished her speech:

One: I was finally meeting the famous Mrs.Venezuelda.

And

Two: I never thought I'd ever see Mia that serious.

Just then, a girl in a high-waisted floral circle skirt and a black cropped shirt entered the room. Her hair was in a ponytail and she was wearing glasses. A cliché secretary. An overdressed cliché secretary. She whispered a few words to Mia then got out of the room.

Seconds later, she came back again and behind her followed..Mrs.Venezuelda?!

___________

Mia's outfit:

___________Hey guys,  I'm thinking of adding cast members to the characters

___________
Hey guys,
  I'm thinking of adding cast members to the characters. What do you think?? And can you give me suggestions on which cast should play which character??

XOXO- twice-upon-a-time
__________
Hey guys,
If you're reading this please comment and vote- I wanna know if anyone is actually reading this. What's your opinion?? Should I continue with the story??