Ch.33 Amy's Shower

Lauren's POV:

"What do you expect me to do when I find out that six of my children left home in the middle of the night???"

"Mom, technically, there are eight more minutes before midnight," said Alex.

Mom eyed him angrily for a second before turning to explain the situation to the policeman.

Yup.

You heard that right.

The freaking policeman.

"Alright ma'am," he said before leaving.

When Jayden and I came back home, we rang the doorbell and guess who opened the door?? The policeman. At first, I thought Dani killed someone by pranking them. Again. The first person she killed by pranking was me. I was resurrected, though. I was resurrected by a splash of cold water right on my face. Very entertaining. At least I didn't die.

"Don't wander off again in the middle of the night for some boy again, girl," he said as he closed the door behind him. It was obvious he was talking to me. I gave him a small, tight nod. No guy was like Jayden so I don't expect this to happen again. It was something you do once in your life. To the guy you truly love. I found that guy.

"I'm really sorry Mrs.Cimorelli, if I knew Lauren would follow me I would've never left in the first place. I kind of got the wrong impression," apologized Jayden.

At the mention of the 'wrong impression', I glared at Christina. Or at least I intended to. She wasn't with us in the living room, but I was sure she was in the house; I remembered her standing behind the policeman. Even if I wasn't sure, Mom made sure to count us all when we came back. Like we just came back from a school trip.

"Oh, I don't blame you, son. I blame Lauren for leaving without notice, and everyone else for following her without telling me. It's Lynne by the way, no need for the formal addressing."

Dani gaped. Lisa raised an eyebrow. Alex was too surprised to do anything except to freeze in his place.

"You never talk like that to any of my boyfriends," blurted Dani.

Mom glared at her before looking back at Jayden.

"Do you have a place to stay for the night, son?? You could stay in our guest room if you like."

"I really appreciate that Mrs.Cimo-Lynne, but I've already made a hotel reservation for the night."

"Oh, that's alright. You're welcome any time, though."

Jayden looked awkwardly at me for a second, then walked up to me for a goodbye hug. I hugged him back, and I felt him run his fingers through my hair. Alex pretended to gag and Dani made a face.

Jayden let go of me and shook hands with Alex, Mom, and my other sisters. Excluding Christina who was upstairs and Amy who was in the shower.

"Goodbye Mr.Harlem," said Mom.

"Goodbye Lynne, it's Jayden by the way."

"See ya later buddy," said Alex.

"See ya."

"Bye Lauren," said Jayden.

"Bye Jayden," I replied.

He smiled at me. I smiled back. His smile grew wider. Mine did too.

Then he left.

"You did not just do that, Mom!!" Said -and by said I mean screamed- Dani.