Ch.29 Summer Rain

Lauren's POV:

"Picks," whispered Amy in my ear.

I turned around and whispered 'picks' in Dani's ear.

We were currently in a circle of thirteen people sitting on the floor at the center of the living room. We were playing a game of telephone which starts by one person, Christina, whispering a word into the ear of the person sitting next to them, Lisa in this case. Then Lisa whispers what she thinks she heard to Mom, who is sitting next to her. This continues until the words gets to the last person, which in this case was Alex.  At that time, Alex says out loud what he thinks he heard.

"Sticks??" said Alex.

"Come on Christina, what was the original word??"

"It was pigs, how on earth did you get sticks out of that??"

"It's Alex's big, long deaf ears," said Dani jokingly.

Everyone loved to play this game, it brought us closer and it definitely did not improve our hearing skills. I felt something vibrate in my pocket and looked down to see that my phone was ringing. The caller ID showed the name Angela, who was my best friend.

"Guys, Angela is calling me. Be back in five," I said as I stood up and walked upstairs towards my room.

"Hey Angelicarrot."

"Did Dani tell you that I told her you are the absolute WORST at giving nicknames??"

"She doesn't have to tell me, I already know."

"Okay whatever, Laur. Remember that restaurant we dined in after shopping like a month ago?? What was its name?? I would've asked Dani but we both know that girl's memory is failing, and Alex's phone is off because, well because it's always off. So now I'm stuck with you, do you remember??"

"Umm.....what did we order??"

"I don't know, Lauren. How am I supposed to remember that?? I remember it was Italian and that Dani made a fool of herself."

"Dani makes a fool of herself in every restaurant known to man."

"LAUREN HURRY UP, IT'S YOUR TURN TO START."

"She like spilled water on Alex's shirt or something."

"OHHHHH, it's called Rosetta's,"  I said in a more urgent tone.

"Okay, thanks Laur."

"Welcome Angela, and remember to save me some pasta."

"In your wildest dreams."

"Even if it's just pretend."

"Just pretend, just pretend."

We were singing Taylor Swift's lyrics on the phone, because that's how idiotic we were.

"LAAAAUREN."

"Gotta go Angela, Dani is calling me."

"I feel so bad for whoever's sitting next to Dani. I'm sure they would've liked to keep their eardrums a little longer."

"HAHA, okay bye Angela."

"Bye Devila."

"Did you just call me devil??"

"Did you just call me Angel??"

"Shut up, Angela."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye."

When I came back downstairs, I saw everyone waiting for me. For some reason, Christina has changed her place and was now sitting next to Katherine. I sat at the beginning of the line and whispered 'carrot' in Lisa's ear.