Ch.9 First Day

Lauren's POV

I woke up at 7:30 feeling sleepy and lightheaded. I'm so not a morning person.

I took a shower and made some hot chocolate to charge my brain. I was definitely in a low battery mode.

It was my first day going into the fashion company and so I had to look good. I spent 10 minutes just looking at my closet before I decided that I shouldn't overthink or overdress.

After long thought, I wore black shorts and a black-and-white striped crop top, with a black tank top underneath. I also wore an orange beanie that I stole from my sisters, some knee-high black socks, and a pair of cowboy boots. Wrapped around my waist, was a white jacket I would wear in case the weather was chilly.

The day before I left home, we decided that Lisa would be the one to tell the fans about me becoming a model. Though it was going to be a one-time thing, I wanted it to be right. Plus, the fans would be my ultimate motivators.

I checked out of the hotel and called a cab to pick me up. During the ride, I replied to the texts Amy had sent me earlier. I missed everyone at home, it was always me and my sisters. I have never traveled alone before. I argued with my mom to let Dani or Lisa or Amy come with me, but she said something about independence or responsibility I didn't understand and chose not give much thought to.

The cab stopped and I got out of the back seat of the car. I looked around, trying to find the building I would be training in for the next week. My eyes wandered around until I spotted a building about 20 stories tall. On the very top of the building, etched upon the wall was: VANESSA'S. This was it- this huge building with glass walls and transparent elevators is going to be the building I will train in. I'm gonna go in there!!!

I was really nervous as I entered the building through the double doors. Inside, everything was so.....different. Men in their black suits and women in short skirts were walking around everywhere. Papers were flying around and some people were even running. Everything looked so.....formal. It made me feel underdressed and trust me when I say the feeling isn't comfortable.

I headed to the reception area, which was right in the middle of all the chaos.
A busy receptionist smiled at me and said: "Hello and welcome to VANESSA'S ma'am. How can I help you?"

"I'm here for some training, I'm training for the Spring Fashion Show."

"Name??"

"Lauren....Lauren Cimorelli."

"Training for what??"

"Modeling."

"Ninth floor, to the right."

"Okay, thanks."

"Anytime ma'am. That's your card- you'll need it to access the elevator," she said, handing me a card with the word TRAINEE written on it.

I thanked her and then headed towards the elevator. When the elevator door opened, I slid in. No one else entered  with me which made me feel more...relaxed. However, before the elevator door shut, a guy in a black suit managed to slide in. If he was one second late, I would have been left the freedom of admiring the transparent elevator alone. I swiped my card through the swiping machine, then pressed the button that read: 9th floor.

"Lauren??"

I looked up to see none other than: "Jayden??"

"I have to admit I didn't see that one coming."

"Neither did I. I have to admit though, this building is just amazing."

"Hehe....you see it that way on your first day, but then later you'd wish you didn't have to travel 10 floors to get a paper signed."

"Well, it's a good thing I'm not staying for long."

We reached the ninth floor and I got out of the elevator. I looked back at Jayden as in need of an explanation and he simply said: "I work on the 11th floor. I'll pass by frequently, however. Good luck, Lauren.

"Thanks," I said turning to the right. The walls were plain white, with a few paintings every now and then.  I headed to the last door, mainly because it was the only room with an open door.

Inside the room there was a desk which was supposedly the secretary's. "Hey, how can I help you?" The secretary came in behind me, holding a few blue folders.

"Oh, hey. I'm Lauren. I'm here..."

"For model training- yes I know that. "Wait a second please." She made a few clicks on her computer then asked: "Lauren Cimorelli??"

"Yes."

"Okay, I signed you in. Every day, you have to sign in with me before you enter."

"Okay."

"Now let me join you with the other girls." I followed her into another room where 5 girls where seated in chairs placed in a semi-circle. "Hello."

"Hey - I'm Ashley and this is Lydia."

"Hey."

We talked a bit about how each of us was feeling: nervous or excited. The girls were really sweet and kind, most of them, at least. While we were waiting, 4 more girls joined us. I learned all their names and became close friends with Alice and Natalie.

When we were complete in number, the secretary enetered the waiting room and directed us into a another room.

After we all entered the room and sat in a semicircle around what appeared tp be a stage, a girl in a bordeaux button up blouse and a short black skirt. She had our back to us, which emphasized her straight shoulder-length brown hair.

When she turned around, she looked pretty and......Mia??? What?? Mia worked here?? The surprise and astonishment took over me and I couldn't say one word. My mouth hung open and well, stayed that way. After she finished talking to the secretary, she turned around and looked at all of us, from right to left. Her eyes stopped on me and she smiled- which made me realize what was going on and close my mouth. "Hello everyone....I'm Ms.Harlem. You can call me Mia."

____________
Hey guys,
If you're reading this please comment and vote- I wanna know if anyone is actually reading this. What's your opinion?? Should I continue with the story??