Ch.5 The Dinner

Jayden's POV:

Why do people even make plans if they never actually work out?? I've gone over the plan and what will I say 18 times in my head and never did I imagine things going that way.

First off, I expected Lauren to open the door. How did I not think she would be living with someone else? With Lauren, her mother and sister, I could still hear commotion inside the house. Was it a family dinner or reunion sort of thing?

Second, her sister, Amy (was that her name?) basically interrogated me at the door. Like, your efforts are appreciated but you're her sister not her mother.

Third, I did not expect her sister to call Lauren AND her mother. Her mother is overprotective and I was surprised she actually let Lauren go.

Fourth, I did not expect Lauren not be ready. That was a definite flaw in my plan. I expected her to be like: "Oh okay, just let me lock the door".  It felt extremely awkward waiting at the door waiting for Lauren to dress up. I didn't know if I should wait for her on the doorstep or in the car. I didn't even know how long it would take Lauren to dress up. Luckily for me, she finished real fast and I was a bit surprised she changed that quickly.

The only thing that went as expected was Lauren. She was simply breathtaking. She was even prettier than the pictures and I wouldn't give up on her.

"Umm......what's your name?" said Lauren, snapping me back to reality.

"Mr.Harlem, Jayden Harlem".

Lauren didn't say anything else during the car ride.
______________

"Is there anything else I can do to help you?" asked the waitress.

"No, thanks," I replied.

We had already ordered and we were waiting for our food to arrive. After asking about my name,Lauren hadn't said anything. I began to wonder if I should break the unfaltering silence or let her do the honour.

"I'm sorry about the phone call- I genuinely thought it was a prank. And about my mom- she's kind of overprotective; I'm still getting over how she let me go. And again I'm sorry about the phone call. I mean who would actually want ME to be a model," she asked rhetorically.

"It's totally understandable- I mean you're in a band. And I actually respect your mother for her care and worry. If you don't mind me asking though- why WOULDN'T someone want you to be a model in their show?"

At that, she blushed- her cheeks turning a tulip-red. She's really shy though, how could she stand being on stage. Then it clicked- she's a singer. She knows EXACTLY how to stand on a stage.

"Umm......thanks. But me? A model? I've got 10 siblings".

My eyes widened at that; 10 siblings!! Where the hell did they come from? I quickly composed my expression though, and asked the question that crept across my mind:" Why would having a lot of siblings stop you from being a model or doing anything in particular- I don't see how these two things are relevant to each other".

She looked at me and smiled, I smiled back at her and her smile just got wider.

"Alfreddo fettuccine, sir".

Our food arrived, and I spent the rest of the night talking to Lauren about the details of the show. The date, the place, Venezuelda and some of her rules. It was mostly professional talk, I don't like getting personal when it comes to my employees, especially when they're hot.

Mrs.Cimorelli didn't call throughout the dinner. I drove Lauren and dropped her off at her house. The lights were off so I expected her family to be asleep. Before she left the car, Lauren said: "Thank you Jayden, I'll call you tomorrow night to give you a reply".

"My pleasure, Ms.Cimorelli," and with that- she headed off towards her house.
She called me Jayden. Almost everyone I know, other than Mia, calls me Mr.Harlem. We were on first-name terms already? I would be happy to be her friend though, she seemed friendly and fun, though too shy at times.

I drove back to my hotel and before I surrendered to sleep, I sent Mia a voice message checking up on her. I just to wait for tomorrow to get my confirmation. I really wanted this- working with Lauren; I know we'd make a good team.

That night, I couldn't sleep because of the anxiety that has taken over me. I was worried Lauren wouldn't take my offer. What if she was too shy?? Maybe too young?? But she was within the age limit. I just can't wait for tomorrow to I come.

____________
Hey guys,
If you're reading this please comment and vote- I wanna know if anyone is actually reading this. What's your opinion?? Should I continue with the story??