Ch.14 Jayden Michael Harlem

"So what's your middle name??"

"Christine. Lauren Christine Cimorelli. You know why? Because Christina and I have the same birthday even though were are eight years apart."

"WOW! Really? That's one hell of a coincidence."

"I know, but sometimes it gets annoying that I can't have a birthday of my own."

"I get the feeling of having to share."

"What's YOUR middle name?"

"Michael. Jayden Michael Harlem."

"Ooooh, I love the name. It flows really well together."

"Thank you, Lauren."

We were currently having lunch in the cafeteria that was on the third floor. The food was mouthwatering and I ended up eating pasta. My favorite.

"Wait, you're eating pasta? AGAIN?? Didn't you eat pasta the day we went to ITALIANA'S??

"Well, that's true but pasta is my favorite food. Pasta for life. No, pasta is life."

I was thinking about how Jayden and I were having lunch together. We're in a room full of people but he's talking to me. And I know he gotta go but he doesn't wanna leave. He's looking at me like I'm the most amazing thing that he's ever seen. And I like it.

I like it.

"I'm sorry Lauren, but I really gotta go. See ya around."

"See ya, Jayden Michael Harlem."

"Heyyyyy, don't call me that in public."

"Okay, Jayden Michael Harlem."

"Why did I even tell you my middle name?"

"Because you wanted me to call you by your middle name. Unconsciously."

"Oh God, help me."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye."

After my lunch break ended, I went back up to the stage room.Soon enough we went back to work. It was a none changing procedure. One of us stood  on the stage. Mia will whisper something in Vanessa's ear. Then Vanessa will either nod her head or shake it. Most of the time, it was the latter.

Mia and Vanessa sat on a desk like they were in a Talent Show. A girl would wear the outfit, then show them. After that, the whispers happen. After the whispers, the girl either gets the oufit or she doesn't. We were told by Mia that they were supposedly assigning outfits for six girls today. Ashley, Lilith, Cecilia, Abigail, Kayla, and ME?? Noooo.

It was Abigail's turn already, and I didn't want to take her place. If I can't handle two people looking at me, how can I handle hundreds?? May God be with me.

"Next," shouted Vanessa, snapping me out of my thoughts. It was my turn already. Bad. Bad. Bad. "It's your turn, Lauren," said Mia in a more calm voice. She gave me an encouraging smile as I headed towards the stage. The encouraging smile did no such thing as encouragement,