Ch.24 The Big Day

Lauren's POV:

Because I stayed up late with my sisters last night, I didn't even wake up to the sound of my alarm. Ashley had wake me up and I was really grateful for it because my schedule was so tight today and I just couldn't be late.

I had breakfast at the hotel's restaurant along with other people who work at VANESSA'S. After that, we took the public bus to the nearby building. In the hall, we continued yesterday's process of testing make-up designs and hairstyles. The whole process was really exhausting for me and for every other employee.

I managed to avoid Jayden after last night. It was really funny and it must've been really awkward for him. That night, I skipped dinner and went straight for bed. It was one of the longest days in my life.

The next day: I woke up, showered then changed into a crimson sweater and blue denims. I wrapped a black and white flannel around my waist and wore a pair of converse for my shoes. All ready.

Today, my sisters are gonna be in the big hall

Today, my sisters are gonna be in the big hall. We're gonna prepare the equipment and test the vocals. But that was not the most important thing for the day. Today was the big day. The fashion show was today. All that we've worked hard for was finally here and I was a bundle of nervous about it.

When I arrived at the hall, I was SURPRISED. Everything looked so different compared to what was when we first arrived. The lights were in position and so were the cameras. All the loose wires from days one and two were just gone. Posters from the photo shoots were displayed on the walls. They looked perfect. But that wasn't what REALLY surprised me. Right in the middle of the hall hung a poster, a poster bigger than all the ones that hung before it. It was a poster of....... Me.

In the poster, I was wearing a black/white/purple short-sleeved striped shirt and black denims which were ripped at random places. I was wearing white shoes and a black snap back. This was the second outfit from my photo shoot. I never thought this would be chosen as the MAIN POSTER. In the middle of the poster was written in big bold letters: VANESSA'S SPRING FASHION SHOW. A wide smile appeared on my face. This was a genuine smile. Because everything felt so very good. Almost everything.

"WOW!! That is AMAZING!!" said Katherine from behind me. Behind her was everyone else.

"WOAH!! Lauren, is that you?? I can't believe you're actually hanging there, I thought you were afraid of heights," said Lisa teasingly. I rolled my eyes at her lame comment.

"OH MY GOD LAUREN!! You look gorgeous up there! I'm so proud of you," said Christina.

"Thanks Chrissy," I said.

"OHHHHHHH, LOOK AT YOU. From the headbands with the bows to this. Lauren, you are my IN-SPI-RATION," said Amy.

"You guys are idiots. Y'all looking at Lauren. Aren't you tired of looking at Lauren??? I mean, we live in the same damn house. Look at what's ON Lauren. It reads 'VANESSA'S SPRING FASHION SHOW' but it's almost summer. I just found a typo in one of the biggest fashion company's posters. I deserve a big bowl of mac and cheese," said Dani.