Ch.19 Orphans

Mia's POV
I unlocked the apartment door, and entered the wide living room. My heels clacked and my keys jingled. I took off my heels, and holding them in one hand, I walked over to Jayden.

He was sitting on the couch placed in front of the TV, even though he wasn't watching anything on the TV. He was sitting on his laptop - my guess was business. That's all he ever does, anyways.

"Hey," I said. I was mad at him. I was REALLY mad.

"Hey," he replied without even looking at me. His eyes were stuck on that laptop screen.

"You're late," he stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

"What, are you my guardian now??"

"Nah, just asking. Chill. Where were you??"

"I was hanging out with Lauren. We had a little talk at the cafe."

"Cool."

"Can you please LOOK at me when I'm talking to you??" I was getting more enraged by the minute. I just couldn't understand WHY!!

"Okay??? What's wrong??" He has finally decided to give me his attention.

"Wrong??" I asked rhetorically, raising my eyebrows at him. Fortunately for me, my brother does not understand rhetorical.

"Yeah, what's wrong with you??" I sometimes felt like I had the most idiotic brother on the planet. And that brother was getting on my nerves.

"ME?? What's wrong with me, Jayden?? What's wrong with YOU??"

"ME?? What do I have to do with all your crap??" Just breath girl. That's all you have to do.

"It's you Jayden. You just keep pushing everyone away. You keep pushing Lauren away. And I KNOW you like her because I know you better than anyone and I know you wouldn't tell any random girl your middle name. I know how personal that is to you. Plus, you travelled all the way to California and for what?? And don't you DARE tell me it's for the job because you have sent Carter for the other eleven girls in the group for the job. You liked her from that very night I showed you that video. That was why you wanted her to be in your group so bad. And me?? ME?? I was rooting for your relationship all along. I wanted you to be HAPPY again!! BUT HOW CAN YOU BE HAPPY IF YOU KEEP PUSHING THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE YOU HAPPY AWAY?? Since the accident Jayden, you've built walls around you. And I've been trying SO HARD to knock them down but no matter how I tried, all I could do was shake them. I've been doing that for MONTHS. Lauren made you burst out laughing out the front door after she had met you for TWO DAYS. SO WHAT THE FREAKING HELL HAVE YOU DONE TO HER BECAUSE, TODAY, SHE CAME TO ME AND CRIED HER EYES OUT. And I will NOT let you hurt her anymore, so if you have anything to say and explain yourself then go straight ahead, I'm waiting."

STRIKE.

That was one hell of a speech.

But Jayden looked at me. He literally just stared.

"Lauren came to you today?? And she was crying??"

"All what I said - about you liking her and pushing her away you just listened to that?? And yeah, she came to me and cried all the way to the cafe. And before that in the office. And after that, in the cafe."

"God. It's all Veronica's fault. She started all this. No, she DID all this." He said rubbing his face with his hands.

"Veronica?? Please don't tell me that snake had something to do with this??" I said sharply.

"Lauren didn't tell you?? But if she didn't tell you what was she crying about??"

I narrowed my eyes at him and huffed. This guy. I have no idea what goes on in his mind.