Ch.30 Thoughts And Memories

_____
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ONE THOUSAND VIEWS!!!! Honestly, thank you guys!! I mean, when I first started out with the story, I never expected it to reach ONE THOUSAND views. Maybe a couple hundreds but a thousand??? The Cimfam is honestly amazing!! This chapter is dedicated to umahiqbal for being my first follower and book_girl_cim and Lollove1143 for being my first voters.
_____
I rang the doorbell then took a step back. I wasn't ready for this, but I was doing it anyway. I've been standing on the doorstep for a whole five minutes debating whether I should do it or run away.

This was a fight or flight situation, and I think what I ended up doing is just drown in my fright.

The door opened, and I looked up to see Christina, Lauren's sister, in the doorway. This was the second time I foolishly expected Lauren to open the door herself without considering the fact that there are twelve other people living in the house.

"Jayden," said Christina in a surprised tone but something about her being surprised wasn't pleasant.

"Christina," I said with a more cheerful tone.

"What are you doing here??" I felt like I was being kicked out - literally.

"I- I wanted to have a word with Lauren."

"I'm really sorry but Lauren is not here."

"Oh, okay," I said, feeling disappointed and suspicious.

"LAUREN HURRY UP, IT'S YOUR TURN TO START," shouted someone from inside the house. Speaking of suspicious:

"Not here, huh??"

"I'm sorry Jayden, but she doesn't want to talk to you."

"Doesn't she?? Could you please tell me how on earth did she expect me to travel from Idaho just so you could kick me out??"

"I can't let you talk to her, okay?? Lauren's hurt and I don't think you 'talking' to her would be the best idea."

"Look Christina, I know that Lauren and I didn't leave on the best terms but I want to make things right with her; I want to make things right with myself."

"She doesn't want you anymore, she has just begun to move on, so why don't you??"

"Because I love her. I need her."

"LAAAAUREN," shouted someone from inside the house.

"I'm really sorry, but her family needs her more than you do."

Now Christina was just looking for excuses.

"She can have both, you know??"

"You had one chance. You wasted it. You don't get a second one."

"So you're not gonna let me talk to her??"

"I'm really sorry but no."

"Can you at least tell her I dropped by to make sure she's doing fine??"

"What good would that do?? It will only make her feel worse; her leaving you. Again. It would make the both of you feel worse, so I suggest you give it up."