Ch.15 The Skype Call

Lauren's POV

The bubbly, alert sound rang in my ears. I loved the sound. It was the sound of a Skype call. I know- I have a very narrow definition of a good sound.

"Hello there."

"Hey Alex, what's up?"

"Oh dear sis, Dani dragged me into going to the mall with her yesterday."

"Yeah and when Mom called and said we should come home for dinner he asked her if we could have dinner in the mall because we were 'having too much fun'," said Dani out of nowhere. She was now sharing the screen with Alex.

"Hey Dan, I see you're having fun," I said, laughing at Alex.

"Would've had a lot more if you were with us."

"Hey Lauren, how's everything going? We miss you around here," said my brother Mike.

"Miss you too."

"Look at that cute little ladybug on the screen," shrieked Lisa.

"The ladybug that just happens to be me," I said after rolling  my eyes.

"Exactly. You're always on point, Lauren."

"You don't have to tell me, I already know."

The screen was now being shared by: Alex, Dani, Mike, and Lisa.

"Can I fit in there with you guys??" asked Amy.

"Hey yo, Amy."

"Hello Lorenzo."

"It's getting a little cramped in here," said Alex.

"A little might be an understatement," said Dani, shoving someone's arm off her shoulder.

"Why don't you guys just move away from the screen. "

"We can't, because we know you want to see our beautiful faces from up close," said Lisa.

"Okay, I'm out. I'll talk to you later, Lauren, when the crowd has cleared," said Mike.

"Hey Lauren."
"Hi Lorenzo."
"Hello Lauren."

"Hey guys!! How you doin'? I miss you so bad." My three brothers: Christian, Nick and Joey just literally invaded the couch that already held 4 others.

"Look, we don't have much time to talk because the football match is about to begin."

"Football match? Who's playing today?" I asked.

"Two teams," said Joey.

"Will play against one another," said Christian.

"One team," said Nick.

"Will win," said Lisa. Typical Lisa Behaviour.

"I feel like I'm watching a Hunger Games movie," said Amy.

The doorbell rang and Alex shouted: "I'll get it" as he struggled to escape from the crowd.

"Nick, Joey the match is about to begin." said Christian. The three left together, running in the direction of the TV.

"Hey Laur," said Katherine.