3.the crescent curse

|Kristen's P.O.V |

I think I made a wrong turn since the roads looked unfamiliar to me, or maybe it's because my vision kept coming in and out and blurring and refocusing as if it's on a camera lens setting.

I was starting to feel lightheaded and a little nauseated , but I figured it was because I was bleeding out. I hope this isn't the case, and I need to stop overthinking before I have a full-on panic attack and bleed out in the middle of nowhere.

I need to find help now!

Where was the hospital?

Where is my phone? I started to look around my car, but my vision was having a hard time focusing, so I darted my eyes back to the road. I tried my best to focus so I would squeeze my eyes shut and then reopen to see if there was any change.

There wasn't.

I was on the back roads in the dark night. It was, of course, past midnight by now. I couldn't even check my phone to even call my own mother. Was she worried about me? Did my phone die? Did I have multiple missed calls from anyone, at least?

Did she even know what's going on?

Surprisingly, my heart was racing as much as it was way earlier when the bite happened. When I killed Steven.

Oh my God. I killed Steven. I'm a murderer. What's going to happen to me when the police find out? How am I supposed to explain my reasoning as to why I left? Why did I leave? Why didn't I just run back inside the bar and call for help? Now that I'm really thinking about it, there was help all around me, and I just jumped in my car and left the scene. Guilty.

I'm losing so much blood from my neck. That's probably why my heart rate is starting to slow down now. I don't know whether I should freak out or just pull over and get this death over with. That way, I wouldn't have to suffer a minute longer, but to my surprise, I kept going.

Am I dying? It feels like and surprisingly, I want to. I want this feeling gone.

I sped up faster, pressing the gas pedal close to the floor, and using all force on the motor, I felt like I couldn't breathe, so I rolled down the window to at least feel some breeze as I was in desperate need of medical attention. I could feel my own blood coat my arm, and as I tried to cover it with the collar of my shirt, the blood painted my hand. "Shit!" I cursed out loud as I put both of my hands on the wheel again.

It was getting more difficult to drive with bloody, which made the wheel wet and harder to control.

I had an open road all to myself. I tried not to think about the worst that might happen to me here in a few minutes. Where are the passing cars? Where was anyone? Is there anyone that could help me?

Why? Why did he bite me in the first place? Why didn't he just stab me like a normal serial killer? Why did he have sharp teeth? Why was he a monster?

Why me?

Again, my mind was filled with questions like this that I had no explanation as to why Steven did that to me. He never laid a finger on me. Not once. Yeah, he was a jerk sometimes, but everyone has those days where we decide to be assholes to one another, but that's life. Every couple has their ups and downs. I just didn't know one of the downs was to bite your significant other in an attempt to murder her.