26. the hunters

|That night at the barn|

|Adrian's P.O.V|

"We need to talk."

Immediately, I was pulled away and didn't even have a chance to say or process anything. I was mostly worried about Kristen, and I wanted to fight back and go back to her, but I was being dragged away, and I didn't want to cause a fight. I didn't want them to go in there and harm her in any way. I know that would be a recipe for a massacre waiting to happen. I wouldn't hesitate to kill for Kristen Hunter.

This was Daniel. Of course. Who else would it be?

"Wait, what if she wakes up?" I whispered, I kept looking back as we kept drifting further and further from the barn where supposedly Kristen was asleep.

They were not going to hurt her, not on my watch. I wouldn't even let them get near her, so I kept my eyes on Daniel and Kieran, who was right on each side of me.

"Don't worry, she'll stay knocked out, Keiran shot a tranquilizer at her when you stepped out. It's completely harmless." Daniel laughed to himself when we pulled up to a truck where they basically forced me to get in the passenger's side. I heard Keiran hop in the backseat right behind me while Daniel walked to the driver's side before driving off out of the field.

"What the hell are you doing?" I glared back at him. Daniel kept his eyes on the road, smiling to himself.

I knew I was probably in deep shit by now considering how the scene must've looked when Daniel found me just standing outside with a naked woman inside sleeping peacefully. It was out now that I slept with Kristen.

"We will get to talking when we get to where we're going." He states before making a sharp turn, and we were on the road in the darkest of the night.

The windshield was spotted with raindrops from earlier. It was until then that I felt a tap on my shoulder from behind, and when I turned around, it was Kerian handing me a button-up shirt. I didn't even realize that I'm completely shirtless with my jeans completely undone.

"Here, cover up, man." He remarks. I snatched the garment from him and slipped it on, leaving the buttons unbuttoned.

"What's this all about, because we need to leave her out of this." I explain, but of course, I was ignored by Daniel.

"I said we'll talk once we get there." He reminded me again. I don't like his attitude already.

"We can talk now, I shouldn't be here." I protest. I'm sick and tired of how's he's been treating me. I don't give a shit if he's good friends with Victor. He isn't a friend of mine.

"Well, you shouldn't be over there fucking the target." He snapped all of a sudden. "The one thing you don't do in a mission and you did it. Do you fucking realizing you could've gotten yourself killed?"

"She's not the one we're after, besides I know you don't give a shit about me so stop asking like you care because I know you don't."

"You know what, you're right. I don't give a shit about you, so save it." He shuts me down as we ended up pulling up to a dark building downtown. We drove into the alleyway, making it clearly suspicious that something was odd about this place.

No cars were present on the roads, and the streetlights were the only things making slight noise.

We all hopped off the truck as I started to button up my shirt and zip up my jeans as we started walking towards the building, following closely behind Daniel. Daniel then knocked on the door to a certain rhythm that could disguise as a code until the door was unlocked and opened to reveal an older man with a scar on his face that resembled a mark from a bear. Which I knew deep down it wasn't from a bear.