25. the truth will be revealed

The shock of having the sudden loud bang scream at my ears and pain forming in milliseconds was something I didn't have time to process.

I have been shot.

The sudden blast made me flinch back as the bullet entered my upper arm, making me fall due to the impact. Fear awakened me when I began to hear yelling from Adrian.

"No!" He screamed at the top of his lungs.

Then two shadows rose from the hill where I had fallen from. The moon shined on them, strangers. Hunters, I'm assuming. Adrian then started yelling before attacking one of the men. The other man started coming down the hill, making me shift away as much so I could hide somewhere. I was holding onto my bleeding arm, and the wound was so painful that I'm almost positively sure I've been shot with a silver bullet.

"Kieran, stop!" Adrian shouted again as he started fighting the other stranger...or so I thought they were strangers. He knows the man that's marching down right after me . I finally was able to find a place where the grass was too tall for anyone to visibly see a person.

I hid quietly as the man started searching for me with a gun loaded right beside him. I tried to focus as much as I could, trying not to let the pain distract me as I felt my nails start to form and my eyes shift.

Finally, I was able to channel enough energy and rise from the grass when the man looked up at me in horror. I flashed him with sharp teeth. I didn't want to transform, so I'm doing everything in my power not to do so. I know it will be too painful for me.

I didn't have time to kill the stranger just yet, so I ran towards where Adrian was , who was fighting off another man with a shotgun as well. The man looked a lot taller and bulkier than Adrian as he was choking him out by pushing the side barrel of the weapon against Adrian's throat as he struggled to breathe.

I did what I had to by tackling the attacker off of Adrian. We rolled around in the dirt before I came to my feet to see the attacker grab his gun and fired barely missing the side of my stomach. Before I could even attack further, Adrian came up behind him and held him instead from behind, making the man struggle, dropping his weapon.

"What the hell are you doing Adrian, shoot it now!" The stranger screamed at the top of his lungs. Begging to be released from Adrian's intense grip.

"No, she's innocent in this." He growled at him. Defending me.

"Look at it. That's the fucking monster!" He shouted. His eyes widened in horror and hatred towards me.

"It's not her." Adrian then began to tell him in his ear.

"So now you've gone soft huh, what about the -" he began to speak but was choked up by Adrian's strong grip.

Wait...what was that man going to say? Does Adrian know him? This attacker?

"Adrian, what is he talking about?" I raised my brow at him, but my question was ignored.

I held my ground, but I was ready to charge at any given moment. Now I want to know what this man was going to say before Adrian attempted to silence him.

"Don't make me do this." Adrian looked at the hunter with hateful eyes as he threatened.

The man tried to gasp for air when he started to speak again. "What have you become, you're one of them, I fucking knew it.." it seemed like he wanted to laugh but couldn't do so.

Adrian tightened his grip even more but the stranger then headbutted him, making Adrian flinch back and fall down.

My cue.