13. vanishing in the storm

I ran to the bathroom, switched on the light before slamming the door shut, and coughed up the red fluid again in the sink. I felt my eyes widen in fear. This couldn't be happening again. I looked at myself in the mirror and noticed that there was blood smeared all over my lips.

What the hell is going on? What is happening to me this time?

Was I turning again?

That can't be. please, no. I can't take this anymore. It's too painful for me. I don't understand why this was happening all over again. It can't be. It's impossible. My anxiety was rushing to my brain, warning me that something was severely wrong. And that there was nothing I could do to stop it.

I spit up blood again as I turned on the faucet and watched the water rinse off the blood as I continued to spit up in it. The more I started to spit uo some blood, the metallic taste made me feel disgusted as I gagged on my own blood.

When I switched the water off, I opened my mouth, and I felt my teeth aching. I gripped my canine tooth as it gently fell off. I watched more of my teeth start to fall off. That's when I heard the pop from my back and chest. No! Please!

"No!" I groaned in pain. My hands were gripping the sink as hard as I could. I didn't know what else to do to deal with the pain I was feeling.

I was shot back against the wall when my chest began to ache, and the popping began to happen to my fingers. I looked down at my hands and raised them up to see how they were controlling in ways I didn't know it humanly possible to do. The fingers bend backward as they were taking the form of a monster.

I felt like my ribs and chest began stretching inside my body. I grabbed the hem of my shirt before pulling it up to see the horrifying scene that was happening right in front of my eyes. My rib cage was showing, and I could see the bones outrageously growing, and stretch marks began to form as they did so. I quickly ran to the front of the mirror when I saw the sharp teeth come in. No. This can't be happening. Why now?

Why is this hurting me so much? I looked to my side when I saw a window . I ran towards it and tried to open it when I figured it's jammed. Shit. That's when I heard someone start knocking on the door.

"Hey Kris, you're alright?"

Shit! It was Adrian standing right out that door. I can't let him see me like this. He would for sure kill me right on the spot. Maybe I should let him kill me and take me out of my misery. Unfortunately, my adrenaline was racing inside my brain, making me think of a way to escape from here.

"Um yeah, I'm fine." I tried to cover up by saying that even though I'm not fine at all .

Why am I transforming? How come Adrian is not going through the same thing as me ? All these questions and no answers.

What feared me the most was that I'm going to hurt myself or, worse, hurt Adrian. I don't think I'll be able to control myself in this form. I looked out the window and realized it's pouring down outside in the dark. My stomach began to growl, which was causing more significant pain. I was starting to grow hungry.

Right away, I heard Adrian knock on the door asking if I was alright again. I said I was okay, but he just wasn't buying it one bit . I've been in here in this small bathroom for a good while, and there's blood all over the sink and all over my hands. Not to mention the walls behind me. Quickly, I ran to the window and attempted to open it once again .

"Kristen, open this door." he told me through the wooden door that separated us. I just couldn't do it. I can't risk hurting anyone else. It's not who I am. I refuse to let this monster take over me, but I fear I'm running out of time to escape.