5.Hunter meets the hunter

|Time of the Season - The Zombies|

Sixteen Days Later. November 22nd.

The weeks got easier as time went on, but I lived in fear for the next transformation. Im not that calculated when it comes to the moon phases, but i have a strong feeling that today is the day of the full moon. I stayed in the small forest I was used to, and I was surprised that no one even bothered to fond me here. Knowing it's probably because a criminal wouldn't stick around in the same area, and they would figure I'm long gone now.

I lay there in the soil where the terrifying looking trees surrounded me. I usually like to lie here and see if I could find any strange shapes between the branches, just to pass the time, and usually I'll find a cryptic face or two. I sat up and started to yawn as I popped my back due to the fact that I slept on the rock hard ground. My bones started to ache, but it wasn't like I had any other choice.

I need to get out of here as soon as possible. With all this stress going on, I could really use a cigarette. I've been a smoker for a while, thanks to Steven, who introduced me to nicotine, and now im an addict like him. Well. Sort of like him. He was far a lot worse than me. Every day, he needed to have a cigarette. It was always in his mouth, but I was surprised his teeth were in perfect shape, and I've gotten use to his cigarette breath.

I stood up and stretched my arms in the air before letting out a deep breath. I started to hear sirens all of sudden, but they weren't close to me. The familiar sounds reminded me of what I did a few weeks ago. When I took the life of that butcher.

All I could remember from that dreadful day was having a nose bleed, reading a book about werewolves and being so hungry. I was starving to the fact that I wasn't thinking so clearly.

I even began to remember my teeth falling out again. It all seemed like some sort of nightmare that the majority of people have due to their agonizing anxiety. I put my fingers in my mouth to feel if my teeth were in tact and sure enough they were.

I specifically remember everything that happened that day. I remember after running and hiding above the cliff, crouching to hide my frame. I started to spy on what was going on. I kept my head low to the ground to lower the risk of me getting caught. I already had caused a horrific scene back in Hudson, and now here? In the streets?

I remember seeing the police cars and ambulances surrounding the small pig shop that I visited that night before. There were many detectives and officers surrounding the crime scene that I had created. How is it scary? That the killer was not too far from them at all. Hell, it seemed too easy to get away with murder. And I did.

I had watched officers take pictures of the crime that I committed. I had noticed multiple authorities collect evidence and put it in bags and take them away as more people showed up to report the scene with cameras to let the public know what had happened.

I remember the victim lied there with his chest and throat ripped opened, the butcher held dead eyes and pale skin with his blood drained, making the scene so horrific that it was completely blocked off my police cars so that no one else could see what I have done.

What have I done?

The man may have been a complete asshole but I didn't bother to think that he could've had a life outside the horrific job after all. What if he had a family or even friends? Now he's gone, and it's all my fault.

I recallled listening closely to what the officers had to say since my senses were more advanced than before.

'What the hell happened here?"

"Hell, if I know, looks to me an animal attack."

"But there's no animals here that can do that!"