20. realizing

Adrian had caved in on me with his head resting on my chest, and our legs started to tangle up with one another.

I could hear his rapid heartbeat as if there was a loud speaker blasting through my ears and also noticed a thin layer of sweat coating his masculine body. I began to notice my skin glistening in the light of the flame as well.

He lifted his head a little more so we were face to face, his eyes looking right into my own. I began to rest me palm against his cheek when he leaned in close and planted a soft kiss against my lips before lying his head back down on my bare chest.

My fingers then began to play with the strands of Adrian's hair that was sweating and curled my finger in the tiny threads.

After a few minutes, he rolled beside me to get more comfort and pulled me into him when I lied my head on top of his chest, feeling his arm wrap and rest around me.

There was a long moment of silence, and the flames were starting to die, leaving them to appear the color of blue. My hair was matted with sweat, and my eyes still felt like they were still gold.

"Tell me more of what you were like as a human." Adrian requested. He rubbed his hand up and down my arm. I didn't feel chilly at all even though we're naked by the fire with hay strands on us, and the stench of sex began to fill the atmosphere of the barn.

"We already had this conversation.." I chuckled at him. Adrian smiled, but he wasn't laughing. "I'm serious. There's so much more to you, why won't you tell me."

"I'm not as interesting as you think I am." I tell him honestly.

"Now that's a lie." He then chuckled.

"I'm not lying. There's nothing else I could tell you about that would matter."

"Well, I still want to know. Like, did you ever have any friends? Were you into certain things? Did you ever break a bone as a kid, you know..stupid shit like that." He then tells me, and I couldn't help but laugh along with him.

I looked at him, wanting to run my fingers through his hair again. "I had a good friend once, but she moved away.. Other than that, I never talked to anyone.." I trailed off. "I remained to myself and just focused on my studies, believe it or not. Then I met..Steven and it seemed like I was starting to lose who I truly was." I admit to Adrian. "I never was into anything besides wanting to make something of myself. I saw how my mother was alone, so that's why I never really left the house until... Steven came into my life, and everything changed."

Adrian then sat up a bit to look down at me, brushing the strands of my hair. "And to answer your last question, I never broken a bone." I say to which he laughed. "Fair." He then lied back down.

"What about you?" I asked Adrian.

"I only had my brother, and that was the only friend I needed." He looks at me in the eyes.

"Wow.. we're a couple of losers with no friends, huh?" I pointed out with a smile.

Adrian, the let out a gentle laugh. "Yeah, I guess so."

"I guess it's a good thing." I looked down at his chest as I ran my finger over the center of where his heart would be.

"How so?"