Prologue

|Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress-The Hollies|

-ANONYMOUS-

November 4th, 1999-

The music was loud, but not loud enough to drown out the constant chaos of my thoughts, men playing pool and hearing the billards crash into each other, also to hear the multiple curse words from one another but of course let's not forget the most disgusting smell this joint had. I mean, I guess that's almost every place you go to like this. It shouldn't surprise me this much.

Cigarette smoke clouded the small venue as the jukebox played in the background of some old timey music, which wasn't my preferred taste. Then again, it could be a lot worse.

I take a drink of my beverage that tasted like cheap metallic before placing the bottle on the cherry colored wood of the table top. I looked down at my fingernails, noticing that there was still dried up blood inside of them. I ignored my hands for a moment and looked up to see a mirror that was hung up behind the bar. I could only see part of my reflection in the looking glass, my scar across my eye.

I was paying attention to everyone else who was behind me. Multiple strangers playing their games and not knowing what's coming for them. Not even acknowledging my existence, which was fine by me.

Suddenly, I began to hear a roaring car pull up from the outside of the pub, sounding like a motorcycle. The noise seemed to be like it was right next to me and not thirty feet away coming from outside.

The engine shut off and I started to hear the boots rattle against the rocks and the chains ring on the leather shoes when finally, the door swung open with a bell ringing, alarming the owners that there was a new customer arriving for service.

But unlike everyone else here, he was no sorry bastard wanting to drown his sorrows.

Everyone went quiet for a moment, their eyes focused and their ears perked up, judging the stranger who seemed like a nobody at first glance to them and had stopped what they were doing but before they could even continue to what they were doing in the first place.

He shed their blood first.

The deadly stranger began to claim the lives of every soul that was human and somewhat innocent in his surroundings. I gazed at the man through the mirror without even flinching at his sudden horrific actions being committed at this very moment, I even continued to clean my bloody fingernails without even looking down at them.

Screams filled my ears like it was like classical music, and it wasn't long before the bartender grabbed a shotgun and started defending herself by shooting at the man, but it didn't stop him at all. Instead, it only made him more acrimonious.

It seemed to me that the song that was playing was growing louder and louder as the scene grew more chaotic. I started to shake my head a little on beat, I guess this song is getting to me now.

I didn't even have to turn my head to gape at the scene happening so close to me. Instead, I stalked with my eye as I lip synced some of the lyrics.

Sounds of glass breaking on the ground and being smashed against the walls, attempting to drown out the screams, but of course, it was no use.

Seconds later, I spot this man's hand, grab a hold of the woman's throat, dragging her small frame over the counter from behind the bar, making her scream in terror.

Her piercing cries were shut off quickly when I could hear the man biting down on her flesh and hearing the snap of a neck. A few minutes of watching him finish his meal, he stood up , straightening his spine, popping his neck and dust off his ebony leather jacket.