31. midnight

|Whole Lotta Love-Led Zeppelin|

I was able to buy some food to eat to keep my strength up and parked in the parking lot and ate by myself as quick as I could before people start to notice that I look a little suspicious. I had Adrian's cap and sunglasses on the entire time, so it all works out. I hope. Time passed, and I drove to numerous places to hide out in the truck. I didn't want to think too much about anything, really, because I felt like I was on the verge of a mental breakdown.

I had parked behind an abandoned house somewhere in the backroads that was leading to The Hideaway. I sat in the truck with the engine off, but the radio was still paying music softly in the background. Both of my hands were on the wheel, and I felt my eyes go into a trance as I stared at the broken windows of the house. How it was once a home to a family at some point only for it be left alone to rot on its own with no one wanting to claim it.

I focused my vision on the cracked wood and how the paint was chipping off and showing the black rotting planks underneath. I could see every tiny crack the more I focused on it. I could even see the bugs and worms coming out of the crevices to feed on what was left. I could hear the soft wind from outside the window as the sun was starting to set beneath the horizon.

Looking at the time on the radio that read forty-five minutes past eight in the evening. It really did seem like time was going so slow on purpose, I wanted to run in and save Adrian, but I knew it wasn't the right time. As much as I could risk it all, Adrian's life would be at stake, and it would be all my fault if something were to ever happen to him.

All these horrible thoughts were getting to me,I didn't want to think about what Steven was doing to Adrian. It wasn't like I had a solid plan or anyone else to help me take down Steven way before midnight, I was doing this all by myself, I want to be as careful as possible and not screw everything up.

The only thing that would possibly calm me down is to go have a drink or two at a bar. I know that sounds like a horrible idea, but it was something to take my mind off of everything. I figured it out that werewolves can't get drunk anyway, so I'm guessing that's a bonus? I'm sure it would ease my mind from everything.

I took another deep breath before shifting gears and driving out from behind the house. I got on the road and started to think about some memories of mine that reminded me of my childhood. It wasn't perfect, but it was nice to know that it was my life and that I was able to fulfill being a kid. I didn't have any worries or any problems that were severe like this one.

It's crazy how I can still remember the summer breeze when I played outside with the water hose while my mother sat on the bench and watched me in awe. She seemed sad at the time, but I never figured out why she was. Maybe it was because of my father. I wonder where he is, and I wonder who he is. I know that every time I brought up his existence, my mother always shut me down.

I guess it was a good thing because he was never there for me. I only ever had my mother, and she was alone most of the time or when she would take me to visit my grandfather. Good times. Why can't I just go back to when time was much simpler? I regret growing up.

Night fell, and the roads seemed dead since the new curfew took place in the town. I was fortunate enough not to come across any cop cars to catch me on the road. However, I knew even local bars would still be open even if there was a psychopathic killer on the loose. Nothing will stop drunks from getting wasted.

I settled on a small looking pub that looked like only three cars were parked in front of it. Seemed promising enough as I drove up to park the truck. This pub wasn't too far from The Hideaway, so I know I still have time left to kill. Once I switched off the ignition, I zipped up my jacket and took off my sunglasses. I reached over to hide the duffle bag under the seat, hiding the weapons inside. I also took off the cap I was wearing and let my hair cover my ears and the frame of my face.