6.how they met

I was starting to get the feeling like this stranger was playing too cool to perhaps get to know me better. A little too good at it, I should say. I couldn't tell a hundred percent sure, but I feel it. I had this feeling towards him that I couldn't explain. It was like if I was mesmerized by him. Then again, it could be because I was craving for a bite.

"I see. It's pretty scary out there to be all by yourself in the night." He comments, taking another drink. I was by myself, but I felt like he knew something else was up. I don't know why exactly. I kept having this strange gut feeling.

"Well, I'm not scared." I simply stated to him with a sly smirk.

"Well, you should at least be careful, you know, with all the murders that's been going on. It's like some sort of horror movie."

"Murders?" I furrowed my brows, "what murders?"

"You know, like the one that happened downtown, butcher found with his throat opened, heart missing. It's scary, you know." He specifically states, which made my heart sink.

Now, that's a bit strange to say right at first. But I mean, it is a way to start a conversation. He seemed very hard to read, and that's what I've been trying to figure out. What type of person did this man really say, but it was just nothing but a blank stare. His eyes seemed a little dilated but changed sizes whenever we spoke to one another.

"Yeah, I heard about that. It was an animal attack, right?" I looked away and stared at my drink. I didn't want to think too much into my words, and I didn't want this stranger to find out who I really am.

However, my gut was telling me that something was wrong. My stomach began to signal to me again that it needed food, and the man sitting next to me was going to be my next meal. I clenched my fists to fight the beast off as best as I could. Somehow, thinking in the back of my mind, it isn't going to work very well.

"I don't know, you tell me.." he spoke, drinking the last bit of his coffee before gently setting down the mug this time. When he glanced back at me, his eyes bore into mine, and then I knew that he knew about me. Still, I wasn't going to give in that easily. I should ask him his name. It wouldn't hurt. Would it?

But now, I want to kick his ass.

"What do you mean by that?"

The hunger was getting to me when I realized that my claws began to form without me knowing, quickly I hid my hand in the sleeve of my my jacket so the stranger won't notice. It seemed to me that he did, in fact, notice. Or maybe my anxiety was just telling me he did. Sometimes, my anxiety likes to put hallucinations and paint pictures that aren't there in the first place.

"Like I said before, you tell me. You think I don't know what's going on here?" He chuckled sarcastically.

"I'm sorry, do you even know who I am. I've never seen you here before, let alone my entire life." I defend. I could feel my own blood start to boil over, and I'm so close to leaping over to the stranger and sinking my teeth into his shoulder. Just one bite is all I need.

The man started to speak to me once again, but this time, I blocked all the words out since I felt like I was going to blackout any moment now. I was feeling lightheaded with the hunger that I could feel my inner beast begging to be set free. I know I can't do it, and I won't. I can't risk it. So, instead, I pretended to understand what the man was telling me even though I didn't have a damn clue. I want to kill him. I need to kill him, or I will lose my mind and create a massacre right here in this cafe. I didn't want to do it, but I have a feeling that if I don't leave here in the next few seconds, I will cause chaos.

I didn't realize that my breathing was becoming heavy, and my throat was starting to tighten up. I need to get out of here now. Like right now! I excused myself and started to walk as quickly as I could outside the cafe while the man behind me called for me. My heart was beating against my ribcage cage, and it felt like it was pounding inside my ears. I was panicking. When I stepped outside, the bitter cold air didn't do anything for me to calm down, and I decided to make a run for it.