10.night terrors

I didn't want to wake up, but I knew I had to. It felt like I wasn't done with this world quite yet. What a shame to be me. I must have the worst luck.

The stench of cheap sheets and a rock-hard matress woke me up, and already my back was aching, I also noticed that my body was becoming overheated. I looked to see that I'm covered with a thin fabric of a blanket.

I sat up a little too fast and regretted it when I felt the pain in my shoulder. Dammit I forgot I got shot for a moment there. I'm still waiting for all of this to just be a damn dream or something. Hell isn't finished with me yet, I guess.

"Fuck!" I cursed as I stripped off my jacket and I noticed I only have a bra underneath. I'm guessing my shirt was ruined enough that it had to be taken off. I look at my bullet holes and noticed that they were bandaged up. I peeled one of the bandages and stuck my finger in the flesh and there was no bullet. They've been removed. I wasn't healing as fast as I thought I was. The bullet wound on my arm had completely disappeared, but the ones on my shoulder and leg were still fresh and painful.

I took this time to take in my surroundings. I'm at a hotel it seems like. It was kinda obvious by the small space and the mattresses. Two twin sized beds and the one I was lying in had a window. I gently peaked behind the curtains,noticing the van parked right outside. The same van we escaped in. Great. I wonder how far we have traveled from the station? Hopefully far enough where we could remain undetected for a while, at least. I was still exhausted.

I didn't even notice, but the water was running in the bathroom. Someone was in the shower. I wonder what time it is, I looked around for a clock and couldn't find it until I noticed it above the television on the wall.

10:25 p.m.

I was about to get up from the bed before I was halted at my actions and felt a restraint on my wrist. I look to see that I've been handcuffed to the bed by my left wrist. Perfect.

It's a smart move, though, I must say. I was planning on leaving Adrian behind and never looking back. But he did save me. He might have some answers to my questions anyway.

Suddenly, I heard the water stop, but I didn't pretend to fall back asleep. Instead I sat up, waiting for the son of a bitch to exit the bathroom.

It wasn't long before I heard the knob of the door open, and steam exited the doorway before Adrian followed it. Shirtless with a towel wrapped around his waist. He didn't bother to look over in my direction and continued to walk towards the big mirror with the faucets.

I didn't say anything and just waited until he finally turned around and noticed me.

"Morning." he said in a monotone voice as he walked over to his bag. He grabbed a few clothes to change in. I noticed there was a plastic bag beside it, and there were his old clothes he was in, staining the bag in red.

I decided not to answer back because just a few hours ago, we wanted to kill each other. I still do. I'm pretty sure he feels the same as well.

"You do realize this is basically pretty useless, right?" I showed him my handcuffed wrist. All I had to do was clench my hand and open it as quickly as I could, and due to the strength of a werewolf, it broke off pretty easily.

Adrian seemed a bit surprised. I stood to my feet and walked towards him, raising my brow.

His eyes kept moving to me and the bed back and forth repeatedly before he said, "Yeah, I knew that." As if he already knew.

"Sure you did." I gave him a sarcastic smirk.

"Well, are you going to stay for the show or-" he trailed off as he started to unravel the towel around his waist so he could start getting dressed.