7. the risk

A FEW HOURS AGO

|Adrian's P.O.V|

"I figured it out. I think. It could be that man right there. " My brother Victor pointed at a stranger with his pen as we sat in his car. We've been trying to find out who the suspect was who caused the killing of the butcher. So fat, we haven't really had a lead. I know for a fact that it has to be a werewolf. It just has to be.

The man that Victor had pointed at was a homeless man walking around and begging for money. I knew that my own brother was just trying to annoy me and was not taking any of this seriously.

"Come on. Really?" I scoffed at him. Victor just rolled his eyes.

"Come on, Adrian, I'm getting tired of playing cat and mouse where there is no fucking mouse to be looking for." He groaned as he leaned back in the seat.

"Victor, I can't just give up when we're already so close." I tell him. "I can feel it. He could be walking around here somewhere."

"Adrian. I feel like we're chasing a ghost, and all of this is just a coincidence. Besides, why the hell would the suspect stick around so close?" He asked me as he leaned against his seat with an annoyed sigh.

I already know Victor wants to back out now, but I didn't want that. However, it seems to me that I've been doing this mission all by myself anyway. At least, that's what it feels like.

Victor was in on this mission fully until Daniel was getting it to my brother's head that it's just a waste of time. We were all werewolf hunters, so we've seen some pretty brutal stuff, but Daniel just thought it was a normal kidnapping, and no werewolves could possibly be involved in this case.

We've only hunted two werewolves out of the whole year, which is a surprise for us since they're getting better at hiding. Or maybe we're just not looking close enough to spot them.

That was until I had felt a eerie sense that it was someone who was just walking by that could be a potential lycan. And somehow, I got the feeling that they could be connected to the case where they kidnapped my finacé.

As Victor and I waited in the car, he got a call and answered it immediately, putting his phone on speaker. I read the caller ID, and sure enough, it was Daniel. I rolled my eyes as I sat back against the seat.

"Hey, what are you shitheads doing?" He chuckled on the other line.

"Trying to figure this shit out." My brother then proceeds.

"I told you this was just a waste of time. I know Adrian can hear me."

"I do, but I choose not to." I say.

"So what's the plan now?" Daniel then asks. Ignoring me like always.

"We lay low until we find something, I'd give it about a week. If nothing comes up, we're heading back." My brother decided to take it off speaker and just talk to him. I started to look at the multiple people walking around and noticed something...well, someone.

A woman walking alongside the pavement with her head down seemed suspicious. Looking like a complete stranger to this city, it seemed like she didn't even know where she was.

By now, I wasn't even paying attention to what the idiots were saying over the phone and kept an eye out for the mysterious woman. However, my doubt got a hold of me and reminded me it could just be someone who's homeless or something.

I remembered that werewolves don't even like to be out in public due to accidentally drawing too much attention to themselves and eventually getting caught, especially if they committed a crime recently.